Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Russell: The Pound-For-Pound List Is A Popularity Contest, It's Not Based Upon Skill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He forgets the "what have you done lately". Others just do more/fight more often. If others fight better opposition, that puts them ahead as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Now I dont know if I can agree with Gary on this one, for example Josh Taylor is a nobody yet hes rated pretty high on most P4P list. The last time I checked Gary Russell jr. was also more popular than Taylor, and arguably more skilled ; I dont know who would win if these two fought.
      I have some Magic beans for sale. Its said they hold the answer to all mythical boxing matchups. Just send me you bank account info and I will get them to you asap.

Comment

He needs to be more active, plus he's just a little mouth who Lomachenko outboxed.

Comment

The one time he stepped up to fight a p4p fighter, he lost. Sorry pal.

Comment

Russell is p4p calling guys out and fighting no one.
            charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

The p4p list is who you fought. Gary has not been active and fighters won't fight him unless they need to. Loma was the only one that stepped up and too a fight.
              real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Kind of like how being a boxer means you gotta actually fight?

This guy is such a waste of talent. He could have been a much bigger name if he actually fought once in a while
                Last edited by Jsmooth9876; 01-13-2022, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Well it's also based on active fighters. With Russell only fighting once per year people forget who he is

Comment

Eh, he's not 100% wrong, but he's not exactly right either.

It's also about your resume & the eye test.

Both things are a necessity because it's impossible for guys in different weight classes to fight each other, so I have to use my eye test to tell if for example Tyson Fury is as good as Canelo, since they'll never fight.

Comment

Sorry Gary , the P4P list isn't for retired boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X