No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's Prospect of The Year - Jared Anderson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPA2000 View Post
    Why isn't he a top ten guy? Shouldn't he already be fighting for title? Bivol and Beterbiev got to fight for titles with only six pro fights. Can't wait for the "Yes but.." guys to respond.
    He's not a top ten guy because he isn't good enough. Plain and simple. He's got a LONG way to go.

Comment

he should fight Dubois

Comment

Most People Don't know **** About Boxing! Jared the best prospect in years in the heavyweight division, all he has to do is stay focussed and active the boy bad as h(ell)!

Comment

Fully agree he is the most promising by a long way based on pure ability. Who knows how he will handle the other factors though, as he ascends.

Comment

What about my guy Frank "the ghost" Martin at 135.

Comment

He reminds me of like a cruisweight Luis Ortiz, but with not as graceful or a pleasing style. I think if he gets assigned 100/100 power then obviously anyone with 100/100 power can beat anyone, but if he ends up with power like AJ or Whyte, but not like Mike Tyson, then I don't see the hype. He's small for heavyweight but not smooth like Usyk or Chris Byrd or Steve Cunningham, or even smooth like Ortiz, to compensate for it. Maybe he's like a heavyweight Tank but less power and even less skills and gracefulness. He's not ungraceful but just not enough to compensate for the size. Fury is more graceful than him but also bigger. Usyk is the same size as him but much more graceful. He reminds me of Steve Rolls for some reason. He's got some skill like Rolls but not at the top level. It's like comparing Cedric Agnew or Willie Monroe Jr to Floyd, except Monroe Jr is also more graceful than Jared. They are good at that style but not great. He looks like another guy who wasn't good enough for the NFL. Sure he's still an athlete compared to the average guy, but would he make a college football team? I'm not sure.

I'm not sure any of the young heavyweights have been that impressive. Maybe the big southpaw who KO'd the young guy in that amateur fight. Maybe Hrgovic. I still think based on past precedent, Gassiev bulked up for heavyweight could be the most like Mike Tyson of any of these guys, and could KO anyone at heavyweight, but I doubt it will actually happen because of reasons that have nothing to do with boxing.

I still AJ and Tyson Fury will be the main guys at heavyweight for years to come, and they will probably get Wilder a win to get a belt. The idea of Wilder coming back from back to back drag out "beatings" to have any success, rather than getting knocked out with the fifth jab he gets hit with in each fight from here on out, seems ridiculous, but if it sells it sells. I think Fury will be the main guy to get the most wins, along with AJ, and then Wilder, and then Usyk, and then Ruiz.

Comment

Working...
              X