Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Whyte Heads To January 11 Purse Bid; WBC Sets 80/20 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent if true. An 80-20 split is fair and proper.

lol @ 45%.
    Jkp Jkp Shadoww702 Shadoww702 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Excellent if true. An 80-20 split is fair and proper.

lol @ 45%.
      Chris McKenna is a very credible source.

Comment

So what does this mean if they go to purse bids?

Comment

How did Whyte’s percent get lower?

Comment

someone will bid 50 million and whyte will get 10 million

Comment

This fight ain't worth the chit off a shovel if held in the US. If held in the UK Whyte is worth more than 20%, nowhere near 45 but more than 20.

However he needs to make a decision. Either walk away from the WBC or take what's being offered cuz the WBC has been hell bent on making it awkward for Whyte for years now.
              Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                This fight ain't worth the chit off a shovel if held in the US. If held in the UK Whyte is worth more than 20%, nowhere near 45 but more than 20.

However he needs to make a decision. Either walk away from the WBC or take what's being offered cuz the WBC has been hell bent on making it awkward for Whyte for years now.
                WBC putting it on Whyte for suing them.

Comment

Heh, I can't really see Hearn going out of his way to fatten Fury's purse with this kind of split, so I'm assuming Arum's going to win the bid - unless he decides to outsmart himself yet again, like with the Wilder rematch. Or maybe they'll end up on that Jake Paul thing, whatever it was called, lol.

If the fight happens, I'd go with Fury by KO by way of check hook/uppercut in mid rounds because Whyte always gets caught with these shots. Though I'd like to see him get back some of his defensive fluidity and feint game, as these are going to be very useful for him should he face Usyk later on. I presume Whyte's going to try to make it a dirty fight, but I doubt that's going to bother Fury much as he can play that game too.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post

WBC putting it on Whyte for suing them.
                    Yep, they are the power here and are spanking Whyte and Hearn for daring to try square up to them. If Whyte steps away from this he ain't getting another chance and that's exactly what the WBC and Bob Arum wants.
                    krazy_d3 krazy_d3 likes this.

Comment

I doubt that greedy Whyte will accept this.

I fully expect him to walk away from yet another title shot.

Jkp Jkp likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X