Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Whyte Heads To January 11 Purse Bid; WBC Sets 80/20 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JayCho View Post

No one really spoke about purse splits back then on the forum. Its probably one of the things Eddie has brought into the limelight in recent years.

But I’m just talking in general, Whyte is a PPV fighter with some good wins whether you like it or not. Maybe his earnings are topped up by the PPV sales rather than just his purse.

I’m not campaigning for Whyte to get more money. My opinion is that he should have a higher split but he hasn’t helped himself

The guy your replying to is a class A troll idiot.

Whyte has made lots of money, he has 3 ppvs which have sold over 500,000 buys with Joshua, Parker, and Chisora. Only Joshua was he the B side. Rivas and Povetkin 1, both well over 300k buys.

Even at a £20 price point, that is big money. When you add gate revenue, overseas tv, sponsorship etc Whyte prob made at least as much as the $5 million being offered, and likely more.

This idiot is trying to compare the above earnings to what Fury has only made with Wilder, one of the other big-name in the division. If Whyte fought with Joshua, Wilder even now the numbers would be huge, much bigger than what he's achieved with the above names. When Fury fought Schwarz or Wallin his earnings are pretty much on par with what Fury makes with similar opponents.

I am not saying Whyte deserves 50% or even 45%, but to try and distort the truth is pathetic. Whyte is and has been one of the better paid fighters in boxing over the last 3 years
    greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      Who do you think, will win the purse bids?
      I have NO idea. Could be anybody. ESPN, DAZN, PBC, Triller. It's going to be fascinating. Whoever wins the bid will likely lose money on the fight, but since the winner of the fight will be a free agent WBC/lineal heavyweight champion of the world, I could see a platform overpaying to start their recruitment process.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCho View Post
        I’m just talking in general, Whyte is a PPV fighter with some good wins whether you like it or not.
        Fury sold more on PPV in the UK than Whyte, even though Fury's fight took place in the middle of the night. But then on top of that, Fury sold 850,000 PPVs in the US at $80, compared to Whyte's 400,000 PPVs in the UK at 20 pounds.

They're in completely different stratospheres in terms of earning power. Fury had a $30,000,000 guarantee for his last fight. It's not to say that Whyte isn't a draw in the UK, but Fury is a draw worldwide. It's totally different. These are the exact scenarios where it's appropriate to modify the split from 70/30 to 80/20.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

Fury sold more on PPV in the UK than Whyte, even though Fury's fight took place in the middle of the night. But then on top of that, Fury sold 850,000 PPVs in the US at $80, compared to Whyte's 400,000 PPVs in the UK at 20 pounds.

They're in completely different stratospheres in terms of earning power. Fury had a $30,000,000 guarantee for his last fight. It's not to say that Whyte isn't a draw in the UK, but Fury is a draw worldwide. It's totally different. These are the exact scenarios where it's appropriate to modify the split from 70/30 to 80/20.
          Can you send some links to the sources of the UK PPV buys for the last 3 fights?

Could be wrong but I’m pretty sure the Fury-Wallin fight was PPV on BT Sport.

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

Dude *** u! Whyte jut LOST badly to an old dude 2 fights ago.

Get your tongue out of Whyte's @sshole.

1-1 last 2 fights. WOW he ko'd CovetKin!!

Came in fat as **** and looked like DOGsht against Wach!

And then fight before had issues with his POST fight drug test!!!

GTFOhere with your sob @ss story and fake tears.
            If you think my tongue is in Whyte’s bumhole then his d1k must be permanently lodged in yours with the angry tone you type with lol

I’m not even a huge fan of Whyte, he’s on a level of delusion only seen in Amir Khan, BUT I do think he’s actually quite good and a top 5 heavyweight with some good wins and is always in generally exciting fights!

Comment

• I doubt Whyte was ever serious about taking this fight. I fully expect Whyte to duck this title shot, like he did with AJ. And for his eternal whinging and complaining to continue.
              Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                The WBC should just abide by its rules. Putting the splits that low at the request of a promoter will make fighters think twice about paying fees to pursue their belt.
                He could always go after the other belts

Oh wait... he already turned down title shots for all of those too. Lol...

Comment

• Whyte is on track to be first heavy weight to duck title shots for every belt in division.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    Does anyone else gets the feeling that Eddie Hearn is the one behind the scenes pulling the strings in this entire mess; Because i do?
                    Eddie Hearn is the second most negligent/clueless negotiator in boxing (behind Oscar de la Hoya). He spent MONTHS working out the deal for Joshua-Fury all while taking Arum at his fucking word that the arbitration would without a doubt rule in Fury's favor. When has it EVER been wise to to take Bob ****in' Arum at his word? Hearn was left looking like an utter fool.

Hearn also doesn't have a fraction of the influence Arum does on the WBC.

The only thing Eddie's pulling is his ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Have you got any photos of floppy gloves from his last destruction of Wilder?

Where was Mark Breland while Wilder was preparing to enter the arena?

Did anybody see him?

Have the results of Wilder's second autopsy been released yet?

Has he got any more dents in his skull that could only have been caused by hard, egg shaped objects hidden in Fury's gloves?

You're replying to a delusional Wilder loving Boxing Fan
                      But I enjoyed the rebuttals
                      Lololololol
                      You posted All Facts!!
                      kafkod kafkod likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X