Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Whyte Heads To January 11 Purse Bid; WBC Sets 80/20 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Eddy paid Whyte a living wage, the WBC couldn't talk this previous earnings smack.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      If Eddy paid Whyte a living wage, the WBC couldn't talk this previous earnings smack.
      Whyte is well paid, but Fury is one of the highest paid boxers on the planet (likely #3 behind Canelo & Joshua). So when you face one of the highest paid boxers on the planet in a purse bid situation, the split is going to be modified. When Fury was Klitschko's mandatory, the split was changed to 80/20.

Comment

Wbc doesn’t want whyte to fight
        for their belts

Comment

Dillian whyte should be grateful he’s getting the fight and stop crying about making 10 million dollars. He should be comfortable with 4or 5 million tops. Whyte has beaten nobody at the elite level, he lost to Anthony Joshua and then needed a rematch to beat Chisora. Learn you role

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

No, the purse bid was ordered today. 80/20 was approved at the convention, Whyte objected, his objection was considered and ultimately denied, which is why the purse bid was ordered.

You swore up and down that interim champions are entitled to 45% and posted old rules to try to fool everyone. You called me all sorts of mean names for insisting Whyte wasn't entitled to 45%.

Even though I was right and you were wrong, you treated me like ****. Now that the fight is publicly ordered at 80/20 like I said it would be, you should apologize for your rude behavior.
            Are you really demanding an apology because someone called you mean names? Are you 7 years old?

It’s a forum where people get called all sorts for merely giving an opinion, get over it!
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
              Are you really demanding an apology because someone called you mean names? Are you 7 years old?

It’s a forum where people get called all sorts for merely giving an opinion, get over it!
              When you're right, name call all you want. But if you hurl insults, and end up being proven wrong, an honorable man would apologize.
              Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Also, Fury strikes me as a very staunchly and loyal individual. There is no way he would betray Bob and go fight on DAZN with Matchroom and Eddie Hearn for more money like Teofimo Lopez did because he has been good to him. Arum has made Tyson a multi-million dollar prizefighter.
                Left his training and promotional team that got him the Wlad win though didn’t he?
                And got shot of Ben Davidson quickly

Comment

My thoughts on this:

WBC have really done Whyte over here, split could have been 30/35% for Whyte and that would have been fair.

Its a good mandatory fight, not one of the soft mandatory opponents we have seen in the past.

Unfortunately for Whyte, taking legal action against the WBC has done him no favours. He just needs to quit moaning now and take the fight and believe he can win and if he does, then he can dictate how much he earns.

just calling it as I see the it.
                  Saying it how it is from the UK , some might say.
                  krazy_d3 krazy_d3 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
                    WBC have really done Whyte over here, split could have been 30/35% for Whyte and that would have been fair.
                    70/30 is the normal split, but Fury made 15x more than Whyte in their last fights, so it was modified to 80/20, as allowed by rule 2.6. Fury will only be making 4x more than Whyte, even though he normally makes 15x more. So 80/20 is very fair.

Keep in mind when Fury was a mandatory challenger, the split was modified to 80/20 as well. I don't remember you complaining then.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

70/30 is the normal split, but Fury made 15x more than Whyte in their last fights, so it was modified to 80/20, as allowed by rule 2.6. Fury will only be making 4x more than Whyte, even though he normally makes 15x more. So 80/20 is very fair.

Keep in mind when Fury was a mandatory challenger, the split was modified to 80/20 as well. I don't remember you complaining then.

This is true, the split should be 90/10
                      ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X