Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: I Have All The Admiration To Perform Three Fights In 2022 To Make Up For Lost Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you have 10 to 15 million just sitting in your bank account, you ain't so app to jump in the ring

Comment

Does he not mean ambition?

Comment

Motivation, not admiration

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
          I'm guessing he meant to say "ambition" ???
          Give him a pass. He dropped out of school when he was 15. Makes sense based on his statement.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
            When you have 10 to 15 million just sitting in your bank account, you ain't so app to jump in the ring
            are you trolling us? 'appy? apt? Thurman's inactive because he's focused on his multi-million buck app?

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
              Motivation, not admiration
              I have all the motivation. OK. Why not just say "I'm very motivated"?

I like boxers who speak as they should punch - short and sharp. Thurman just threw a long looping overhand right while he was falling over.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post

Give him a pass. He dropped out of school when he was 15. Makes sense based on his statement.
                Most commentators have always said he was thoughtful and intelligent - which he might well be. He's not well regarded now because of his inactivity and fake ambition. Boxing fans don't mind their boxers saying stupid sheet as long as they try hard and don't cherry-pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                  So many things wrong with this.

Ambition? Maybe, I mean it works better but who really know TF he means. Maybe he said it that way specifically so we'd be like "WTF?". I dunno.

Then there's the 3 fights themselves. Why would anyone act like one extra fight from what is normal is a big deal? Loads of dudes fight 3 times a year, no one gets praised, we just ***** the champions who only fight once or twice ought to fight more often. 3 is literally the smallest step into more fights a year than the standard 1-2 for a champion one can make. That ain't **** to be excited about.

Doesn't know what verbs are and is going to do what basically everyone who needs their name out there does.

6 fights in a year, now yer ****ing talking.
                  For a boxer who's injury-prone, fighting 3 times in a year would definitely be considered 'ambitious'. It's probably not going to happen because the budget won't allow it to. If he's going to face someone like Mario Barrios on PPV, I'm expecting every one of Thurman's bouts to be PPV now.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

Most commentators have always said he was thoughtful and intelligent - which he might well be. He's not well regarded now because of his inactivity and fake ambition. Boxing fans don't mind their boxers saying stupid sheet as long as they try hard and don't cherry-pick.
                    Well, he might be, but a lack of a formal education could very well hinder his vocabulary skills.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                      "I Have All The Admiration To Perform Three Fights In 2022"

Why is he saying admiration? Is he admiring himself for saying that he hopes to fight 3 fights this year? does his team or his family admire him for saying it? Maybe he has some alt-accounts here that will admire him?

Admirable levels of delusion.

He says he wants to make up for lost time - needs to worry about lost brain cells by the sound of it.
                      He has always tried to present himself as an intellectual by talking this way, but he usually comes off sounding like a moron and everyone sees it, except him.
                      Boxingfanatic75 Boxingfanatic75 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X