Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Subriel Matias' Promoter Hopes Win Over Ananyan Leads To World Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Subriel Matias' Promoter Hopes Win Over Ananyan Leads To World Title Shot

One of the most exciting fighters in the lower weight classes, Subriel Matias (17-1, 17 KOs), from the Maternillo neighborhood in the town of Fajardo in Puerto Rico, will have the opportunity to avenge his only loss on Saturday, January 22.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Matias' promoter believes current undisputed junior welterweight champion Josh Taylor will move up to the welterweight division in the aftermath of his mandatory defense against Jack Catterall.
    I'm not sure that I agree with promoter Juan Orengo :

Although Josh Taylor is a natural middleweight, his mediocre boxing abilities will not be enough to compete with welterweights that are closer to his size, especially P4P #1. Terence Crawford.

Josh Taylor, might actually be interested in making another voluntary title defense after Jack Catterall, vs. the #1. 140 ranked IBF contender Argentine, Jeremias Ponce. I personally believe that Newcastle's own Lewis Ritson was the initial pick before Ponce upset the English-Bum, because rumor has it that Josh Taylor is holding the jr. welterweight titles hostage.

It would help Josh Taylor's ducking if he offered Jeremias Ponce a shot, that way the 'Tart-Tomato' can force the IBF to mandate a final eliminator for Subriel Matias, maybe against Liam Paro of Australia.

Comment

Matias - Ponce shoud be next as a final of IBF's 4-men eliminator tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
        Yes sir! I don't think Matias should've taken this rematch, and just waited for Ponce, but I understand he wants to stay busy, and earn money! Ponce has to be next!

Liam Paro vs. Brandun Lee! MAN UP! Regis Prograis, where are you???
        Last edited by Bronx2245; 12-24-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
          They're waiting for the vacant belt. Not that Matias's promoter gets to decide, like he seems to think he does.Josh will decide if he vacates or not. But it makes sense to fight for the vacant belt rather than as an eliminator. But if Josh decides to fight Zepeda, which will be ordered next, then the IBF should order the eliminator.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Yes sir! I don't think Matias should've taken this rematch, and just waited for Ponce, but I understand he wants to stay busy, and earn money! Ponce has to be next!

I think both sides must have squared it away with the IBF to await the vacant title. Ponce just fought last month and Matias is next month. So their waiting for Josh to vacate at the end of Feb, and then it's on for them. Strange choice of stay busy fight for Subriel however. I get he's wanted this, but it makes more sense to rematch him as a champion, rather than potentially jeopardize your title shot. Imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I'm not sure that I agree with promoter Juan Orengo :

Although Josh Taylor is a natural middleweight, his mediocre boxing abilities will not be enough to compete with welterweights that are closer to his size, especially P4P #1. Terence Crawford.

Josh Taylor, might actually be interested in making another voluntary title defense after Jack Catterall, vs. the #1. 140 ranked IBF contender Argentine, Jeremias Ponce. I personally believe that Newcastle's own Lewis Ritson was the initial pick before Ponce upset the English-Bum, because rumor has it that Josh Taylor is holding the jr. welterweight titles hostage.

It would help Josh Taylor's ducking if he offered Jeremias Ponce a shot, that way the 'Tart-Tomato' can force the IBF to mandate a final eliminator for Subriel Matias, maybe against Liam Paro of Australia.
              Taylor cleans up at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post

I like the idea of Paro vs Lee. That's an interesting fight. I do however want to see them fight a more proven opponent. Like Montana love did against Baranchyk. I like Lee vs Easter Jr, or maybe Postol. Postol has disappeared though, im not sure whats going on there. Prograis is most likely fighting Tyrone McKenna next out in Dubai.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

I think both sides must have squared it away with the IBF to await the vacant title. Ponce just fought last month and Matias is next month. So their waiting for Josh to vacate at the end of Feb, and then it's on for them. Strange choice of stay busy fight for Subriel however. I get he's wanted this, but it makes more sense to rematch him as a champion, rather than potentially jeopardize your title shot. Imo.
                  Browny is a very proud and confident fighter! I think he stops Ananyan within 5!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

I like the idea of Paro vs Lee. That's an interesting fight. I do however want to see them fight a more proven opponent. Like Montana love did against Baranchyk. I like Lee vs Easter Jr, or maybe Postol. Postol has disappeared though, im not sure whats going on there. Prograis is most likely fighting Tyrone McKenna next out in Dubai.
                    Paro IBF #3, Lee IBF #9! Perfect match-up! Tyrone McKenna? Why? Wish it was Gary Antuanne Russell!

FREE SHOJAHON ERGASHEV!!!

Last edited by Bronx2245; 12-24-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X