Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Believes Canelo Could Go For Beterbiev Title Fight in 2022

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not slam Alvarez. I think his resume is good. He is the top earner, and can do whatever he wants. I just do not see Beterbiev being the option. I could see him fighting Bivol if his other plans do not happen, but not Beterbiev.

And if by some chance it does, Beterbiev will beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing fan1981 View Post

If he said this during an interview I would believe it, but to head to Mexico City in front of all that press and request the Makabu fight for some scheme to get fighters in line is far fetched.
      Why would it be far fetched to mess with people's head's? Fighters do it all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Kzbox View Post

Dunno how it’s bitching are you trying to claim he does take on the best competition in each division or? What’s happening here as I’m a little confused. Did i say i hate the man or even dislike him? No just simply stated a fact like tyson fury my favourite fighter has a **** resume no bias here bud.
        There hasn’t been a boxer that I can think of offhand (other than maybe Pacquiou) who has fought “the best competition in each division.” Additionally one would never leave a division if that were the new threshold. Canelo through unification fought the best in the division at the time they were all champions. If he were to face and beat Benevidez the next #1 would be best in the division. It’s a never ending never stopping cycle. What he had achieved has never been done in boxing history and should be praised. Anymore “best in division” is truly opinion. Many say Benevidez is best now in SMW. To that I’d say based on what? Has he faced and beat a top 10? A top 5. The #1 or 2?

Comment

whats up with Joe Smith jr vs Beterbiev unification fight, Bob, still waiting

Comment

Beterbiev is overrated , only has 16 fights, only 1 good win, the rest just cans, very basic and hittable style, already been dropped 3 times in his career. Strong fighter but not the monster he is being made out to be. Will be a good fight for Canelo in a year when he gets closer to 40, and of course all the fan boys will blow their loads if he wins.

Comment

Yeah right, why would he skip all these other fights to fight a monster. What has he done to imply he would make such a career move? Not to mention it isn't even the biggest money fight for him

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
                Beterbiev is overrated , only has 16 fights, only 1 good win, the rest just cans, very basic and hittable style, already been dropped 3 times in his career. Strong fighter but not the monster he is being made out to be. Will be a good fight for Canelo in a year when he gets closer to 40, and of course all the fan boys will blow their loads if he wins.
                if he's overrated, fought cans and very basic (basic european and world AMs champ) why wait till he's 40?
                BaguMka likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
                  He's definitely been sloppy at times and got dropped, but against the biggest puncher by far he fought in his career, maybe one of the biggest p4p punchers in the sport at the time, he had tight defense and his chin held up fine. Don't believe me that Gvodzyk hits hard af? Ask Adonis who got put in a coma by him.
                  BaguMka likes this.

Comment

when will Bullshltkin stop ducking Charlo and Andrade ?

Originally posted by Kzbox View Post
                    I don’t know and I don’t care this thread is about Canelo? Idgaf about GGG was a beast back in the day now he’s too old to be relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                      There hasn’t been a boxer that I can think of offhand (other than maybe Pacquiou) who has fought “the best competition in each division.” Additionally one would never leave a division if that were the new threshold. Canelo through unification fought the best in the division at the time they were all champions. If he were to face and beat Benevidez the next #1 would be best in the division. It’s a never ending never stopping cycle. What he had achieved has never been done in boxing history and should be praised. Anymore “best in division” is truly opinion. Many say Benevidez is best now in SMW. To that I’d say based on what? Has he faced and beat a top 10? A top 5. The #1 or 2?

FACT: above 130, Pacquiao only fought the best once... AND HE LOST !!

just adding some badly needed perspective

Comment

Working...
                      X