Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loma On Fighting Shakur Stevenson At 130: I Want To Be Undisputed Champ At Lightweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jbarr126 View Post
    Typical loma scared to get schooled bye the great skillfull athletic shakur , just like valdez is scared to get whupped like all the blk fighters beat up on the mexican fighters with no problemo
    Loma beats the supremely skilled undefeated champ GRJ in his 3rd pro fight, makes p4p Rigo quit on his stool, Makes undefeated power punching champ Walters quit on his stool, and fights bigger power punching Lopez….yea Loma scared of Stevenson…makes so much sense! Unlike Tank Davis - Loma aint scared to risk that 0!!!!
    JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

This reads-when I see it and it isn’t against Loma or someone I root for I will turn a blind eye to it, pretend I didn’t see it, or pretend it isn’t racist.

Talent is definitely there. Character of a champion? When does a champion give away a belt then gives interviews where he says he wants all the belts?

That is not champion character no matter who it is.
      I understand there are definitely racist fans on this site, but lets not use that argument to defend another racist sounding argument. It is not like Loma dropped the belt and then fought a random guy in the division to run from a mandatory, he was "elevated"(franchise is trash, but it exists) and fought another champion. IMO at the time Lopez was more dangerous. I thought then and think now that Loma would beat Haney. Haney is gifted and skilled, I'm just waiting for him to get some pop to make good boxers respect him more in the ring. Shakur isn't a ko artist, but he has some pop and I think he would win against Loma at this stage. Anybody saying that Loma is scared of Shakur because he won't move back down to 130 to fight him must not like Loma. I could see if he moved down to 130 in any of his last few fights to cherrypick, but he has stood at 135.

Comment

Had flash backs of a under 19/20 year old Shakur making him look like a fool in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I don't understand why Arum does not want Shakur to fight Valdez? Shakur been chasing that fight since 126!
          Like a lot of promoters today, he wants to keep two undefeated fighters in his stable. If either of them loses their stock drops and Bob has to rebuild them.

Comment

Originally posted by DeryckAtlanta View Post

I understand there are definitely racist fans on this site, but lets not use that argument to defend another racist sounding argument. It is not like Loma dropped the belt and then fought a random guy in the division to run from a mandatory, he was "elevated"(franchise is trash, but it exists) and fought another champion. IMO at the time Lopez was more dangerous. I thought then and think now that Loma would beat Haney. Haney is gifted and skilled, I'm just waiting for him to get some pop to make good boxers respect him more in the ring. Shakur isn't a ko artist, but he has some pop and I think he would win against Loma at this stage. Anybody saying that Loma is scared of Shakur because he won't move back down to 130 to fight him must not like Loma. I could see if he moved down to 130 in any of his last few fights to cherrypick, but he has stood at 135.
            I’m fine with who you think wins. Just let’s stop pretending he dropped the belt for any other reason than he didn’t feel he could beat Haney.

To read interviews where he talks about wanting belts after dropping that one is fake BS of the highest degree that none of his slurper fans want to admit.

Loma is no different than any other boxer- he and his team make decisions based on what is best financially.

A rematch with Teo likely not as lucrative as a Tank or Ryan so no rematch clause. A mando defense against Haney had he defeated Teo isn’t as lucrative as Ryan or Tank either so the belt is dropped.

Its not different because Loma looks different. Yet so many will not call it like they did when canelo did this to ggg. They were all outraged then.
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-12-2021, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Yes you do. He knows Shakur bodies him in a way that makes Valdez a gatekeeper.

he’s absolutely ***********ing Shakur by stalling this fight.
              Why is he always doing this to "certain" fighters? He didn't want Floyd to fight Oscar! He wanted Cotto to fight Manny at a catch-weight...twice! He didn't want Crawford to fight Manny, because Manny might get hurt! Now it seems he's more concerned with Valdez's career, then Shakur's career!

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

I agree for guys who reach the superstar level of a Oscar,
                Floyd and now Crawford, they are better off moving on and being free to work with anyone they choose.

I just get a laugh out of people who blame Arum when guys like Bradley or Crawford make the decision to resign contracts to TR. At some point the blame lies with them and not TR.
                I can't argue that! Hopefully Shakur won't be next! I know it must be killing Bob that he just re-signed Teofimo Lopez! Teo was supposed to be a sacrificial lamb to Lomacheno! That fight was supposed to be Mayweather vs. Canelo 2.0! However Teo won, and now the rematch is meaningless!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

Like a lot of promoters today, he wants to keep two undefeated fighters in his stable. If either of them loses their stock drops and Bob has to rebuild them.
                  Navarette was just as a threat to Valdez as Shakur! However, he was OK with Navarette winning, but he doesn't seem to have the same energy for Shakur! Like he said, Valdez vs. Navarette "is a big Mexican fight!" That's what he wants! He wants Loma vs. Shakur, because that would be a big win for Loma, not Shakur! He knows Shakur ain't ready for that, but he'll do that one, not Shakur vs,. Valdez! Anyway, Navarrete blew up the whole plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    I can't argue that! Hopefully Shakur won't be next! I know it must be killing Bob that he just re-signed Teofimo Lopez! Teo was supposed to be a sacrificial lamb to Lomacheno! That fight was supposed to be Mayweather vs. Canelo 2.0! However Teo won, and now the rematch is meaningless!
                    Lopez is still a young kid, he can move up to 140, knock out a few fringe guys and the shine will be back. problem is he has guys like Prograis and Taylor up there who IMO would beat him up so his shelf life could be short. Add in that he has too many external things going on and his pops is a dip sh## and you have the perfect recipe for disaster

Comment

I’m fine with who you think wins. Just let’s stop pretending he dropped the belt for any other reason than he didn’t feel he could beat Haney.

To read interviews where he talks about wanting belts after dropping that one is fake BS of the highest degree that none of his slurper fans want to admit.

Loma is no different than any other boxer- he and his tram make decisions based on what is best financially.

A rematch with Teo likely not as lucrative as a Tank or Ryan so no rematch clause. A mando defense against Haney had he defeated Teo isn’t as lucrative as Ryan or Tank either so the belt is dropped.

Its not different because Loma looks different. Yet so many will not call it like they did when canelo did this to ggg. They were all outraged then.
                      I'm fine with your opinion, just lets stop pretending that it is more than just your opinion. I don't think he felt he couldn't beat Haney. Again, I know that some people on here have some racial bias. My point was that you were using that as an argument against somebody else calling out racial bias. Whether you agree with it or not, he did not drop the belt, he was elevated to Franchise. He then went to fight for another belt that he had not owned. Wanting belts and chasing belts he has been consistent with, even if I don't agree with the Franchise designation route. I much rather unifications over mandatories.

Comment

Working...
                      X