Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carlos Adames Wants To Face Jaime Munguia: I Want Him Next!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
    It's obvious you have something against Munguia you go around thread to thread constantly dissing him. However it was Adames who turned down the fight already instead to fight Alexis Salazar so go do your research. It has been discussed already but you can't seem to comprehend just because they are ranked #1 in an organization doesn't mean they have to go for that belt, he's obviously going after the WBC belt where he is also the #1 contender.

I don't think Adames beats Munguia either he's skilled and has decent power but his stamina isn't great and he tends to get heavy in between fights. If Teixeira can crack his chin so can Munguia.
    This is where we let passion get in the way of logic. I have and will continue to say that Adames has stamina issues...anyone can see that. However, anyone who saw the Teixeira fight knows that Adames went down because of the issue of stamina and he practically punched himself out in that round. And that had nothing to do with him having a fragile chin. Adames (IMHO) is the faster fighter, he can switch up, quicker on his feet and most likely hits harder. If you disagree with what I'm saying here please explain. I think where Munguia will most likely take Adames is in the championship rounds and that will always be his downfall unless somehow he can improve in that department. But for anyone to suggest that Adames is easy work for Munguia is nonsense.

Comment

Make it Happen! Hell Yes Order it WBC! Winner gets the shot at Charlo

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        GGG has not fought since when? He would rather wait an extra 3 months for Murata? Why?
        GGG has been wanting this fight since late 2018. If the fight is worth as much as rumored, then I understand why he's refusing to let it go. As far as the in-ring battle, GGG/Murata has FOTY potential because they're not gonna have to chase each other. He's not gonna take the risk on Andrade beating him and ruining this moment.

As of the OP, it'll be sweet justice for Munguia to lose both of his WBC/WBO rankings.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 12-09-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

it depends, if its a 10-rounder he can pull it off (but wont get a decision vs Munguia anyway), and he'll be probably stopped by Munguia in a 12 round fight

Comment

Be careful what you wish for.
            Is this a ploy to scare or just reverse psychology 101?
            I don't think this guy could keep up with Munguia.
            But it's too late now. WBC orders the fight.
            Won't be surprised if he backs out and come up with some
            made up injury or something.
            Last edited by rickJen; 12-09-2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
              Be careful what you wish for.
              Is this a ploy to scare or just reverse psychology 101?
              I don't think this guy could keep up with Munguia.
              But it's too late now. WBC orders the fight.
              Won't be surprised if he backs out and come up with some
              made up injury or something.
              LMAO! If Liam Smith was able to tag Munguia then he will be tagged and hard by Adames. Munguia is there to be hit pretty easy. The guy has like zero head movement. The question is will he be able to take Adames power. We don't know the answer to that question yet. Now, if he is able to take his power which is possible and takes Adames to deep water then I can see him taking him out. But I just don't know why people are acting like this guy is the truth when if you really think about it has not really fought anyone of note yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Hearn has said that he doesn't represent GGG, and that GGG/Andrade is not an "in-house" fight but rather an "in-network" fight. Maybe he misspoke because he was also talking about Munguia in the same breath, but I don't think he was.

Hearn petitioned the WBC because it's supposedly in their rules, but WBO would have to also accept. I wonder if WBC has anything in their rules that would allow your second scenario to be possible. However, Andrade dropping any belt will immediately hurt him because it'll make him even easier to avoid. Adames is currently on PBC island, so IDK if that match-up would materialize anyway. Andrade hasn't been able to fight the names to quickly boost his stock, so he'll have to continue toiling away until it happens.
                That's very sad! He joins MatchRoom with Canelo, Saunders, GGG, all in the same stable, and he couldn't get not one! Now Munguia is on the come up, on the same platform, and he can't get that either! Add to that his promoter is out here begging for Charlo! SAD!

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post

This is where we let passion get in the way of logic. I have and will continue to say that Adames has stamina issues...anyone can see that. However, anyone who saw the Teixeira fight knows that Adames went down because of the issue of stamina and he practically punched himself out in that round. And that had nothing to do with him having a fragile chin. Adames (IMHO) is the faster fighter, he can switch up, quicker on his feet and most likely hits harder. If you disagree with what I'm saying here please explain. I think where Munguia will most likely take Adames is in the championship rounds and that will always be his downfall unless somehow he can improve in that department. But for anyone to suggest that Adames is easy work for Munguia is nonsense.
                  I never said he was easy work I gave credit to Adames and even said before the Sergiy fight it was a 50-50 fight depending on how his stamina looked. Obviously he got hurt because he gassed himself against Teixeira but don't act like if from that round on it wasn't a beatdown that could've been stopped honestly it could have he was out on his feet at times and I said right after the fight he took a lot of damage in that one. If he gasses against Munguia what do you think is going to happen? Munguia is bigger and puts more pressure than Patrick he definitely would be in a lot more trouble than that fight.

As far as bigger puncher that remains to be seen I'm not sure what fight would make you think that, yeah he punches hard but fighting some no name Dominican and a low level Mexican fighter in his last 2 fights before Sergiy proved nothing. You also failed to acknowledge that Adames blows up to 200+ lbs in between fights that's probably why his stamina isn't great.

You can say passion getting in the way of logic all you want but you're the one with the Dominican as your avatar so we know where your passion is going. I honestly don't think highly of Munguia but he's proven to be durable and probably has the best gas tank at middleweight name someone who has a better one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    GGG has not fought since when? He would rather wait an extra 3 months for Murata? Why?
                    We all know why! Lots of those Japanese yen for the retirement fund and an easier fight than say Charlo or Andrade.
                    Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                      I never said he was easy work I gave credit to Adames and even said before the Sergiy fight it was a 50-50 fight depending on how his stamina looked. Obviously he got hurt because he gassed himself against Teixeira but don't act like if from that round on it wasn't a beatdown that could've been stopped honestly it could have he was out on his feet at times and I said right after the fight he took a lot of damage in that one. If he gasses against Munguia what do you think is going to happen? Munguia is bigger and puts more pressure than Patrick he definitely would be in a lot more trouble than that fight.

As far as bigger puncher that remains to be seen I'm not sure what fight would make you think that, yeah he punches hard but fighting some no name Dominican and a low level Mexican fighter in his last 2 fights before Sergiy proved nothing. You also failed to acknowledge that Adames blows up to 200+ lbs in between fights that's probably why his stamina isn't great.

You can say passion getting in the way of logic all you want but you're the one with the Dominican as your avatar so we know where your passion is going. I honestly don't think highly of Munguia but he's proven to be durable and probably has the best gas tank at middleweight name someone who has a better one.
                      Clearly, I try to keep it honest if you have not noticed. I've said it plenty of times that Adames has a problem and a big one at that. My avatar has nothing to do with my opinion. I will call it how I see it regardless. I just think there are a lot of variables that we don't completely know about at this point. We don't know if Munguia can take the kind of flush punches from Adames that he took from Liam Smith. Also, how will Munguia deal with Adames switching up on him? Again, the only issue I see with Adames is his stamina in a 12 round fight and the fact that Munguia is relentless coming forward. I think it would be a good fight but I won't call it one way or the other. As for the easy work comment I really didn't mean you.

Comment

Working...
                      X