Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Isaac Cruz: I Consider Gervonta The Best In The Division, But He's Human, Not Impossible To Beat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Isaac Cruz: I Consider Gervonta The Best In The Division, But He's Human, Not Impossible To Beat

LOS ANGELES - Gervonta Davis called Isaac Cruz a "top 10" fighter within the lightweight division when asked to assess his upcoming opponent Thursday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well well well, Isaac here sounds a lot different than the wye hole poked bed sheet wearers that constantly slag off tank on the internet

Comment

The wye hole poked bed sheet wearers will be on here pretty soon. Crackers don't know no boxing, they just know they hate bro. In the intervening period how do you see this one? I could see how Gervonta gets beat but I don't see Cruz doing it. To me, Cruz hasn't got the style that will trouble Tank.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
        The wye hole poked bed sheet wearers will be on here pretty soon. *******s don't know no boxing, they just know they hate bro. In the intervening period how do you see this one? I could see how Gervonta gets beat but I don't see Cruz doing it. To me, Cruz hasn't got the style that will trouble Tank.
        Cruz is something tank hasn’t seen before, he will have more power, strength, and aggression than tank has seen before. The question is can he fight smart and or can he apply the type of pressure that we saw Hatton apply to tszyu for example….that’s what I think would be needed. You have to go witbtank but this isn’t a forgone conclusion nor would I be surprised by a Cruz win. If I’m honest, I would t mind an upset here….firstly because I am a Cruz fan, he comes to win violently and doesn’t care about winning easy which makes him entertaining. Secondly, with a loss, tank can be a regular fighter rather than a “brand.” I know why it is important to br a brand in a niche sport however
        P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

At the risk of seeming simplistic I'm still seeing Tank as, primarily, a KO man. SO, an opponent could beat Tank by dancing around him, picking up points, which, conceivably, either Haney or Kambosos could do. OR you stand in front of Tank, make him miss & counter his swings with more precise shots. Haney or Kambosos could do that, so could Lomachenko, but I'm not convinced any of them do that. Easy to say, ridiculously hard to achieve, because Tank doesn't throw wild shots like Deontay, he throws very accurate, hurtful, damage punches. OR, like Ryan Sanchez, you stand in front of Tank & throw your own big bombs & look to take his head off. To me, Cruz can only adopt the 3rd of those strategies, & I'm not convinced i will get him anywhere except sparked.

Comment

BUT I could be wrong,

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
              At the risk of seeming simplistic I'm still seeing Tank as, primarily, a KO man. SO, an opponent could beat Tank by dancing around him, picking up points, which, conceivably, either Haney or Kambosos could do. OR you stand in front of Tank, make him miss & counter his swings with more precise shots. Haney or Kambosos could do that, so could Lomachenko, but I'm not convinced any of them do that. Easy to say, ridiculously hard to achieve, because Tank doesn't throw wild shots like Deontay, he throws very accurate, hurtful, damage punches. OR, like Ryan Sanchez, you stand in front of Tank & throw your own big bombs & look to take his head off. To me, Cruz can only adopt the 3rd of those strategies, & I'm not convinced i will get him anywhere except sparked.
              When I’ve seen him (only 4 times, admittedly), to me he’s always been solid at cutting off the ring. So I’m not even sure opponents would be able to dance around him and pick up points.

On that note, Lomachenko vs Tank is the fight I want more than any other in any division.

Comment

Cruz reminds me of a young Miguel Cotto at 140lbs. He moves the same way, carries himself and throws punches very similar to Cotto at 140lbs before Cotto became more of a boxer/puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                  Cruz reminds me of a young Miguel Cotto at 140lbs. He moves the same way, carries himself and throws punches very similar to Cotto at 140lbs before Cotto became more of a boxer/puncher.
                  ??? I had never seen Cruz fight before. The last thought in my mind watching him was Cotto. He fights nothing like Cotto did young, or when Cotto was in his prime, or old. Where you see that , I'll never know.
                  Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by breeto80 View Post

??? I had never seen Cruz fight before. The last thought in my mind watching him was Cotto. He fights nothing like Cotto did young, or when Cotto was in his prime, or old. Where you see that , I'll never know.
                    How the hell would you know how Cruz fights if you have never seen him fight before.

Comment

Working...
                    X