No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Open To Helping Joshua Prepare For Usyk Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
    Everyone should start giving Usyk credit for how good he is & what he accomplished.
    Is this Boxingscene or bn24 with all the muscles fanboy's on here. All im reading is "Aj push tiny human & smash!" idiot's!

Here's the issue, 4 of AJ's last 6 opponents were 38-41 slow and shot with only 4 good rounds in them.
    It's no coincidence the last 2 he boxed of his own generation both beat him & Usyks footwork & lead hand won the fight.
    On top of that he's never faced a top 2 heavyweight.

Aj was never what he's been made out to be, like Wilder he was a prospect who bought the easy belts. Just ask Martin laughing on the canvas.

Aj needs to take the L, step aside & let the best fight for undesputed. But ya know Rematchroom, greed, entitlement & paperwork are all that keep Aj relevant blocking undesputed 2 times! now.

Your not 2 times if it was only half time.
    I’m so glad you’ve compared this to BN24. It’s certainly getting to those levels. I feel like a mass exodus of trolls have come across from their to here! How on earth that even gets clicks is beyond me. No boxing articles whatsoever. It’s literally a faceless troll who basically gives their opinion. Imagine having that much time on your hands!

Comment

floyd could totally transform joshua just like his dad did with hatton

joshua got a big problem, hes nowhere near as tall as i thought he was, hes smaller than floyd
      Last edited by Smash; 12-05-2021, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Floyd is a huge narcissist. He makes everything about himself. Not good trainer material

Comment

Floyd was a great fighter with a great mind.

But he should prove his worth as a trainer by first producing good fighters, before offering up his services. In my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
            There’s no doubt in my mind that Mayweather knows how he would beat Usyk (weight class notwithstanding). There’s no doubt in mind that Mayweather can tell someone else how THEY should go about beating Usyk.

But I’ll be damned if AJ has the boxing IQ to implement such. His current fighting style is the result of trying to alter what he is. He’s not a boxer, he’s a brawler; a very precise, technically correct (in terms of shot selection + technique only) brawler, but a brawler all the same.

What he is and what he could be with a serious coach is still not enough to beat Usyk, mind, but he can have a really solid 2nd half to his career in some major fights and w/big wins if he finds a coach who will let him be himself
            It's not about how Floyd would beat Usyk but how Joshua would, Josh is not Floyd. And Floyd is so egoself minded and full or himself that I don't know if he can make the difference.

This is the Mayweather gym syndrom, they try to make them fight like Floyd and they fail at it because it's not suited for most of them.

Comment

It's funny how quick people want to critize Floyd for his desire to want and help someone whom could actually use it, but this should be expected from a bunch of no talent having, broke fans or so called wannabe boxing experts! Floyd knows if he Joshua were to follow a Mayweather blue print he wouldn't be losing fights with his size and power that he shouldn't be losing. Rob is a decent trainer and was a good fighter himself, but I seen things they didn't say in the corner nor was Joshua able to make adjustments due to his corner so why not let Floyd assist! As my main man Roger would say; Most People Don't Know Sh_tttttt About Boxing! That include y'all
              Last edited by hitmanjosh; 12-05-2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

To beat Usyk in the rematch, Joshua needs aggression and willingness to bang, but he's chinny and one flush shot from Usyk wll put doubt back into his tiny head. Joshua needs stamina, but that means he needs to lose a lot of his inflated muscles, which means he'll lose most of his overrated power, and the majority of his casual fans. It's the HW division, so it's not impossible for Joshua to land a clean shot, Uysk's chin has not been tested in the HW division.

Comment

Usyk will beat his ass again.

And listen to me guys, I predicted Fury to KO Wilder in the second an the third fight and I also predicted Usyk to beat AJ. Usyk is just much better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

It's not about how Floyd would beat Usyk but how Joshua would, Josh is not Floyd. And Floyd is so egoself minded and full or himself that I don't know if he can make the difference.

This is the Mayweather gym syndrom, they try to make them fight like Floyd and they fail at it because it's not suited for most of them.

Well we can talk about the man’s egotism all day long. I may even agree with you. But I don’t necessarily agree on your other point.

Sure, Joshua’s not Mayweather. Completely different fighters, and one of the reasons any suggestion of this is doomed to fail (assuming it’s a sincere one) is because the crucial difference between them is that Mayweather has a boxing IQ and Joshua doesn’t.

But it really shouldn’t be a stretch for a pro boxer to employ whatever strategy is needed for certain opponents. They do it all the time, and sometimes it’s a gameplan they’re not used to. Just take a look at Fury. Having said that, Joshua doesn’t seem capable of fighting effectively in any other way than what he was pre-Carlos Takam.

Whether Floyd actually possesses the necessary mentality to put the fighter’s education ahead of his self-aggrandisement is another story; my point is that Floyd probably does have the know how to end Usyk, COULD probably coach a HW to go about doing it, but that Joshua is not that HW. He must simply be let out to kill, for better or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

cool my brother. Joshua is all about size .. he’s a big man..

size of heart guts. Etc.

We can disagree and still be cool!
                      Always, man, amen

The debate’s what keeps this place alive
                      Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X