Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Throws Cold Water at Talk of Joshua Stepping Aside To Allow Fury-Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Throws Cold Water at Talk of Joshua Stepping Aside To Allow Fury-Usyk

Eddie Hearn, promoter for heavyweight contender Anthony Joshua, says there is no chance that his boxer will step aside from a planned rematch with Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wouldn't make much sense from Joshua's perspective to step aside or for Usyk either for that matter.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

What's up with AJ? He acting like Ryan Garcia?? Even unfollowed his promoters?? And believe everyone else.
      Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

Eddie needs the tv date!

Comment

Matchroom stature hangs in the balance.
          Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Why would AJ step aside, a rematch is warranted. You dont take all the belts of a long held champion and not run it again.

I give AJ a chance, but I think Usyk wins this one with a stoppage.
            Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              Wouldn't make much sense from Joshua's perspective to step aside or for Usyk either for that matter.

I’ve come round to the idea that it makes perfect sense for Joshua to step back and try and sign a deal for 1st shot at the winner of Usyk-Fury.

By all means, take the rematch, but only if you’re certain of how you’re going to approach it. I saw no indication during their fight and AJ’s recent coach scouting that he has any clue what adjustments he has to make, however. Plus, there’s still no firm date on the table for the match, which makes me wonder What’s the holdup?
              landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Please hurry up and lose to Usyk again so we can get on with our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post
                  Why would AJ step aside, a rematch is warranted. You dont take all the belts of a long held champion and not run it again.

I give AJ a chance, but I think Usyk wins this one with a stoppage.
                  Yeah, he’s got the legal right to a rematch, but this isn’t like Ruiz II with a definite strategic path to victory.

If Joshua isn’t sure how he beats Usyk right now, he should probably give himself more time to get his coaching setup right

Comment

Hearn talks bollocks all the time ...Joshua would be wise to let Fury and Usyk bang each other up for all the belts be paid loads of millions to perfect his skills and then have a guaranteed shot at ALL the belts .Joshua is not beating Usyk in the rematch therefore will be all but out of the big picture. He says he's got to walk down the street with his head held high , being beaten twice by Usyk won't allow that!
                    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X