Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erika Cruz Decisions Melissa Esquivel To Retain WBA Title in Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erika Cruz Decisions Melissa Esquivel To Retain WBA Title in Mexico

PUERTO VALLARTA, Mexico - Erika Cruz (14-1, 3 KOs) of Mexico City, Mexico defended her WBA Featherweight World Championship against Melissa Esquivel (12-2-1, 4 KOs) of El Dorado, Sinaloa, Mexico at the International Convention Center in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico and live globally on DAZN. After 10 rounds of exciting action, Cruz won via split decision as one judge scored the fight 97-93 for Esquivel, while two others scored it 97-93 and 98-92 for Cruz.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Majority of the undercard comprised of showcase fights but the Silva/Solomon fight was really entertaining stuff. Both guys are very solid, skilled fighters who can bang a bit. Silva's combination punching was the difference.

Watched a few rounds of the main event, Cruz did the same routine she had in the Mrdenojvich fight, bending her head down and throwing overhand haymakers all night. I thought Esquivel was the more polished fighter but couldn't overcome the tenacity and physicality of Cruz. With three cards of dubious quality on, I opted to skip the rest of the fight and check out the Waseem and Harris fight cards.

Comment

I’m glad women’s boxing is beginning to take off, and not just in the West

personally most fights aren’t really that exciting. But I’m sure as time goes on, the sport will attract some elite women fighters and make for some exciting and landmark fights in the future

Comment

Working...
      X