Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Kambosos: This Fight Means Everything, This Means My Whole Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than people’s certainty of Kambosos losing this fight, people forget Lopez is struggling to stay at 135. Worst case scenario is if he misses weight, which is a possibility given thanksgiving is tomorrow, he gets stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      "formidable operator, Mickey Bey " hehehe

I still remember the worst title fight I've ever seen in my 40 years following the sport - Mickey Bey vs Miquel Vasquez
      Worse than Ajagba vs. Frank Sanchez?

I'm assuming you didn't see that fight. Because uh

Comment

Is it just me or does Kambosos sound an awful lot like Caleb plant did just before Canelo flattened him?

Realistically, he squeaked past a past his prime Selby who’s never been a big hitter anyway. He hasn’t fought anyone even vaguely close to Lopez in terms of speed, timing and power. He hit Selby quite often but didn’t even come close to wobbling him which suggests he’s got light hands.

I’d be surprised if it goes past 4 or 5. Kambosos leaves his head up too high and too often. If Lopez connects like he did with Commey who is a hell of a lot better than K, it’ll be goodnight.

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
          Other than people’s certainty of Kambosos losing this fight, people forget Lopez is struggling to stay at 135. Worst case scenario is if he misses weight, which is a possibility given thanksgiving is tomorrow, he gets stripped.
          Or we have a Mikey/Sandor Martin outcome.

Comment

This dude is going to get killed.

Comment

George strikes as the type of fella where going the distance is winning. Then he will start with the terrible camp and postponements blighted his preparation etc. Teo in 8 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Worse than Ajagba vs. Frank Sanchez?

I'm assuming you didn't see that fight. Because uh
                i read the report and decided not to watch. Maybe I should, to see if it's worse. But I doubt that's even possible.
                Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
                  So he'd lose the belt on the scales and prob have to pass some of his purse to Kambosos - doesn't alter anything during the actual fight.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Or we have a Mikey/Sandor Martin outcome.
                    you would think but Kambosos going 12 with Lopez is unlikely unless the inactivity or catching covid has affected Lopez immensely

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

So he'd lose the belt on the scales and prob have to pass some of his purse to Kambosos - doesn't alter anything during the actual fight.
                      It’s still not a good look and certainly will have the media and fans talking

Comment

Working...
                      X