Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Crawford-Porter Reminds Me Of The 1980s When They Were All Fighting Each Other

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Crawford-Porter Reminds Me Of The 1980s When They Were All Fighting Each Other

It's the fight that everyone involved in Terence Crawford's career has sought from the moment he arrived at welterweight. For Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum, the upcoming WBO welterweight title fight between Crawford and former two-time titlist Shawn Porter is a throwback to his heyday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Much respect to these fighters, but I could hardly say it's a Leonard and Hearns quality fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
      Much respect to these fighters, but I could hardly say it's a Leonard and Hearns quality fight.
      Its nothing like any of the 80s stuff its pure 2021 fight if you ask me, its no different than when Spence fought Porter just a quality WW match between two of today's top guys it's not a ATG fighting ATG deal, though TC might be we are yet to see where he goes with his career, we already know Porter's high watermark.

Comment

STFU old man.

Your marinating and in-house fights are primary reasons why they aren't fighting each other in this era.
        Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 11-20-2021, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          STFU old man.

Your marinating and in-house fights are one of the primary reasons why they aren't fighting each other in this era.
          Well he anit holding Terence back anymore

poor Timmeh was kept back forever

Comment

Just stop it Bob, you are one of the main reasons good fight don't get made.

Comment

Maybe if these guys would fight each other in their primes , yes, then we could be comparing them to the 80's. But even if they did fight each other 5 yrs ago it wouldnt compare to the murderers row of late70's- 80's Welters. Palomino, Benitez, Duran , Cuevas , Hearns and Leonard. Duran fought all of those guys in a 5 yr time frame. Plus Hagler. Ya gotta give Porter credit, he fights anyone . He's just not a great fighter. He's a durable guy with high skill, just not elite skill. Crawford the most overrated " welterweight" champion maybe ever.

Comment

This old geezer compared Porter and Bud to Duran, Leonard, Hagler, Hearns lol man how standards have fallen.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                  Just stop it Bob, you are one of the main reasons good fight don't get made.
                  And why the undercard is underwhelming

Comment

Still a bullshtter lol 80s my ass. If it was the 80s, Crawford-Spence would have materialized already.

Porter is a glorifed gatekeeper.

Comment

Working...
                    X