Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Lee Feels Anthony Joshua Should Link Up With Adam Booth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Ugh. Do we want Joshua to be that boring?
    Way to redirect your initial statement where you bring in being boring which A.J is an entirely different fighter anyway ? .

Bashir is probably the best heavyweight trainer in the world ,he actually instructed Klitschko to go knockout Jennings but was over ruled by Banks . He currently has Vlad Sirenko who is a wrecking ball and probable future champion at some point .
    Last edited by REDEEMER; 11-10-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
      I agree bashir would liven things up , has longevity with wlad and manny and the experience of running top level camps .. Adam at this stage is late to the party , may be knowledgeable but doesn’t visibly kick arse like bashir would , josh needs livening up on the night not calm words , old school slap around the face at the right time is what he needs
      Bashirs interviews always give great insight on boxing ,you learn a lot by listening to him about the sport in general he’s going to be in the spotlight himself with his own heavyweight Vlad Sirenko ,a lot of great fights to look forward to around the corner . He’s a no nonsense trainer just what A.J needs .

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        Way to redirect your initial statement where you bring in being boring which A.J is an entirely different fighter anyway ? .

Bashir is probably the best heavyweight trainer in the world ,he actually instructed Klitschko to go knockout Jennings but was over ruled by Banks . He currently has Vlad Sirenko who is a wrecking ball and probable future champion at some point .
        I hadn't heard much about Bashir since he got assaulted at that weigh-in.

I'll keep an eye out for Sirenko. Does he train any other fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I hadn't heard much about Bashir since he got assaulted at that weigh-in.

I'll keep an eye out for Sirenko. Does he train any other fighters?
          He had a huge heavyweight about 6”10 the Giant King Ruan Visser or something but haven’t heard much in a few years ,not as talented as Sirenko though . Since then Sirenko is his main focus , he’s on a title quest with Sirenko main goal is to win a heavyweight championship with him , he just knocked out Ustinov so he’s going to be fighting names soon . It just makes sense to get the guy that trained Usyk if your going to fight him .
          Last edited by REDEEMER; 11-10-2021, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Booth promotes a very distinctive fighting style that uses a low lead hand, meaning the chin is exposed, hence, is reliant on one’s reflexes. Also, you’ll see his fighters generally don’t fight ‘tall’.

In other words, I think this is an appalling fit for Joshua. He’s not exactly green (age wise) either, so even if it was right for his dimensions and other attributes, he’s never picking it up.

Get with Freddie Roach and get with him quick.
            Why do you think Roach training style would be a good fit for AJ?

Comment

Adam Booth is TRASH, forget that idea Andy, too many pints mate...

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Why do you think Roach training style would be a good fit for AJ?
                It’s not even the style but how available is Roach because he trains several guys . A.J needs a 24/7 coach this time around and Roach isn’t that guy he’s to all over the place at Wild card gym for what this fight needs .

Comment

I actually think a mentally right and fully confident Joshua is a dangerous opponent for anybody in the world. Even if you want to argue only for the first half of a fight, he’s still there.

I don’t like admitting it but based of Fury’s last performance against wilder , Joshua can compete with Tyson. Because let’s be honest, it was a terrible performance from Fury. I was screaming at my tv at how square on he was and flat footed it worried me tbh!
                  REDEEMER REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

I thought Booth made Lee worse tbh, he had 3-4 fights where he was losing and his power bailed him out.

Comment

AJ can't take a big punch and he can't stand a bunch of little ones either. Everybody knows this, it's like his head is a magnet and body shots just to drop his hands. He's looking for a cure, something like Corn Huskers after shave.

Comment

Working...
                      X