Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Mir vs. Kubrat Pulev Tops Triller's Triad Combat on November 27 in Arlington

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double KO by intentional headbutt !!! 3 Stooges style. It's the only possible outcome.
    Last edited by Wacked_Out; 11-10-2021, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Triller just picking random names out of a hat again.

I'll go with Pulev by KO. Both are old and slow, but Pulev a bit less so. Mir deserves credit for coming from MMA to beat Cunningham, but I don't think he's good enough to win this one.
      Mir lost a UD to Cunningham...he gassed and looked terrible. He doesn't have a chance against Pulev who's only loses were to Joshua and Klitsckho.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

I dont think spinning back fists, standing on someones toes and being able to dirty box more does much to level the playing field tbh. And its certainly not "the true middle ground between boxing and MMA" like the video says.

Typical Triller cluster****.
        What would be the true middle ground to you?

Kickboxing?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

What would be the true middle ground to you?

Kickboxing?
          There isnt really a "true middle ground" because everything in boxing is completely legal under MMA rules anyway. So any changes from that is simply a case of banning stuff that the MMA fighter can do to win.

But my suggestions -

1) Kickboxing with a limit to the number of kicks per round

2) A certain number of boxing rounds and then if the MMA guy hasnt been finished the final round is MMA

3) Takedowns allowed but can only be initiated from above the waist, ref stands the fight up after 60 seconds, and only punches are allowed on the ground, no submissions.

4) Same as the rules they have but standing guillotine chokes are allowed.

All of those would have made things fairly equal imo. The concessions this ruleset has to MMA is spinning back fists ie an extremely low percentage technique that isnt used very often, standing on someones foot when punching (which I cant recall ever seeing in MMA) and more clinching, but the only thing you can do from the clinch is punch which is in boxing to some degree anyway, plus this is in a ring so theres no fence to push someone up against for extra control from the clinch. Frank is probably ****ed, basically.

Comment

There isnt really a "true middle ground" because everything in boxing is completely legal under MMA rules anyway. So any changes from that is simply a case of banning stuff that the MMA fighter can do to win.

But my suggestions -

1) Kickboxing with a limit to the number of kicks per round

2) A certain number of boxing rounds and then if the MMA guy hasnt been finished the final round is MMA

3) Takedowns allowed but can only be initiated from above the waist, ref stands the fight up after 60 seconds, and only punches are allowed on the ground, no submissions.

4) Same as the rules they have but standing guillotine chokes are allowed.

All of those would have made things fairly equal imo. The concessions this ruleset has to MMA is spinning back fists ie an extremely low percentage technique that isnt used very often, standing on someones foot when punching (which I cant recall ever seeing in MMA) and more clinching, but the only thing you can do from the clinch is punch which is in boxing to some degree anyway, plus this is in a ring so theres no fence to push someone up against for extra control from the clinch. Frank is probably ****ed, basically.
            Sounds good except for number 4 ,having chokes would just make it MMA really and give the MMA fighters less incentive to try and box .

Also it’s not a traditional ring it’s a triangular one so that would give whoever is better at clinching an advantage which is generally the MMA guy .

Comment

This is just horrible

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Sounds good except for number 4 ,having chokes would just make it MMA really and give the MMA fighters less incentive to try and box .
                An MMA fighter should be trying to do everything but box with a boxer anyway though lol.

It just made me think because the rules video states no standing guillotines. If that one technique was legal Mir would have a very viable way to win but at the same time Pulev would have an obvious heads up (literally) to try and stay away from it. Seems fair to me.

Comment

An MMA fighter should be trying to do everything but box with a boxer anyway though lol.

It just made me think because the rules video states no standing guillotines. If that one technique was legal Mir would have a very viable way to win but at the same time Pulev would have an obvious heads up (literally) to try and stay away from it. Seems fair to me.
                  Not really then why make the event in a boxing one ? The set up was made as a boxing event not an MMA one . If an MMA guy doesn’t want to box he wouldn’t be signing up for this .

Standing guillotines would be to easy in such rules which don’t allow takedowns it would become stale because it would be the easiest move to go for .

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

The set up was made as a boxing event not an MMA one
                    Its an MMA vs boxing hybrid rules show, neither boxing nor MMA, right down to that weird ring. They just decided that the hybrid rules would be heavily swayed towards the boxer. Obviously if the MMA guys wanna sign up for it its up to them.

Comment

Hows that ****ing comeback coming along, Oscar?

Comment

Working...
                      X