Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Would Be Wise For Joshua To Take Interim-Fight, Allow Fury-Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Would Be Wise For Joshua To Take Interim-Fight, Allow Fury-Usyk

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who co-promotes WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, believes domestic rival Anthony Joshua should not force an immediate rematch with Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm in 2 minds.
    We didn't want Fury Wilder lll fight 2 was so one sided, but in he end it was a great fight.
    But I'm also sick & tired of Rematchroom blocking undesputed all the time. Hurty eye (I broke my orbital bone & i couldn't see) Ajs only relevant because of paperwork.
    All the real greats took the L, got back in line & boxed they're way to greatness.
    Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
      I'm in 2 minds.
      We didn't want Fury Wilder lll fight 2 was so one sided, but in he end it was a great fight.
      But I'm also sick & tired of Rematchroom blocking undesputed all the time. Hurty eye (I broke my orbital bone & i couldn't see) Ajs only relevant because of paperwork.
      All the real greats took the L, got back in line & boxed they're way to greatness.
      Really, so Lewis didn't have a rematch clause for Rahman. Liston for Ali. Wlad for Fury.

Wilder-Fury had a rematch clause for the first 2 fights. Fury had a rematch clause for Wallin.

I think it's safe to say you don't know **** and just hating because you don't like Joshua/Hearn.

Comment

Deal with your own problems with Dillian Whyte first, you geezer.

Comment

I agree with Arum on this.
          Let undisputed fight it out then face the winner after a taking on Wilder.
          thack thack Fact Fact like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
            I agree with Arum on this.
            Let undisputed fight it out then face the winner after a taking on Wilder.
            So Fury can pull a disappearing fake retirement if he beats Usyk? Joshua shouldn't trust Fury at all.

Comment

Doesn't that sound like the best fighting the best.
              No other way it can work.

Comment

Team Fury has rolled the dice and just crapped out this time. They should have taken the AJ fight all along. Now it's too late.

Fury should have vacated that WBC title belt and reached an out of court settlement with Deontay Wilder. That way the fight would have still been on. Now AJ has lost and is about to lose his rematch again to Usyk as well.

When he does, then I can see Tyson Fury either retiring or taking a long sabbatical from the sport. There's nothing left for him to prove at this point of his career. He won't be fighting Whyte or Usyk if Joshua loses the rematch.

Comment

Just Arum trying to talk himself into reality.
                  What goes around comes around.

Comment

If Joshua considered this, his interim fight would have to be someone who could prepare him for Usyk, like Sanchez or Hunter, but that would be high-risk, low reward! That's why I would say, he might as well fight Usyk again!

Comment

Working...
                    X