Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Robert Garcia Acknowledges Amicable Split With Vergil Ortiz Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

I think your screen name is an even bigger joke if your trying to insinuate what i think you are
    He's trying to insinuate exactly what you think he is. Which makes you right...his screen name is a big joke...which sits well with him because he's an infantile clown.

Comment

I think Ortiz is great for Robert's training, we know Robert isn't that great with defense but Ortiz wants to break you, idk if Ortiz can learn more defense at this stage it seems to me its him not being patient early, Reynoso would be good for him try to calm him and box but to me thats not going really well for Oscar Valdez its good for him to learn defense but dude seems like he's not meshing well with Reynoso, same happened with Andy but its Andy first fight with Reynoso, I wonder if theres another reason for Reynosos camp (pop)pularity)

sounds like Ortiz is disappointed about Robert choosing Franco but I think Robert was right on this one choosing Francos fight, don't know what difference Robert would of made that night, Ortiz seems to be in a rush to finish fights early gets careless at least in his last two fights he hasn't been boxing patiently behind a jab dude its 12 round fight chill, after the 2-3 rounds he realizes this and now boxes well and the finish comes just a few rounds after, maybe is the hometown pressure that gets to him a bit

Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 11-06-2021, 06:30 AM.
      PredatorStyle PredatorStyle likes this.

Comment

At this point, all Ortiz Jr. needs is great sparring! He needs sparring that can prepare him for Spence, Crawford, and Boots! That's going to be tough!

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
          Smart kid. Robert Garcia has never won a big fight. Not one.

well Maidana vs Broner is one I guess. But it’s not really a big big fight at the highest level. Or is it? Borderline I think
          True but you don't give him credit for molding him into one of Mayweather's toughest opponents?

I really wish he kept fighting afterwards so we could have seen his new style vs the premier welterweights. I think he would have beat prime Thurman

Comment

This is the effect of having 1 star fighter and everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon instead of sticking with who got them to this point. End of the day, nobody who switched to Reynoso has had canelo type success, just like nobody who switched to Roach has had Pac success and nobody who switched to Hunter has had Ward success.

Comment

You always want to be your trainer's main guy. But Garcia's reasons for being with Franco that night make sense.

I don't think Ortiz is great defensively and don't see that changing in a big way. He's an offensive monster who is gonna beat you up and grind you down. I like the idea of him being with an attack-minded coach but it's his career, as long as he's gets back in the ring soon and none of this slows his momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post

True but you don't give him credit for molding him into one of Mayweather's toughest opponents?

I really wish he kept fighting afterwards so we could have seen his new style vs the premier welterweights. I think he would have beat prime Thurman
                Yeah that was a real feather in Robert Garcia’s cap. The whole association with ESNEWS was bull**** though. Helped the gym grow but impossible to take seriously a guy that hangs around with that guy

Comment

Yeah that was a real feather in Robert Garcia’s cap. The whole association with ESNEWS was bull**** though. Helped the gym grow but impossible to take seriously a guy that hangs around with that guy
                  Who Ellie? Omfg..... I can't stand that idiot.... How do you hang around professional fighters everyday for 10+ years and not atleast let their confidence bravado rub off on you.... Or atleast be able to ask interesting questions.

Come to think about it, he reminds me of some posters on here. Glorified casual boxing fans.

Comment

Which big fights has Robert Garcia won?

pac whooped all his fighters as well where’s the joke?
                    I'm not contesting your opinion on Garcia as you are probably right . I'm questioning your username.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                      I'm not contesting your opinion on Garcia as you are probably right . I'm questioning your username.
                      Contrast Pacs biggest wins vs Durans. Duran has SRL, possibly the best individual win ever, but Pacs resume is deeper than Robertos

Comment

Working...
                      X