Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: SugarHill Steward Talks Fury vs. Whyte, Canelo vs. Plant, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: SugarHill Steward Talks Fury vs. Whyte, Canelo vs. Plant, More

SugarHill Steward Video Interview - Fighters competing on this Saturday's Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHOWTIME PPV undercard went face-to-face and previewed their respective showdowns at a press conference on Thursday before they enter the ring in a Premier Boxing Champions event from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sugar Hill is on his way of becoming the next Emmanuel Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Sugar Hill is on his way of becoming the next Emmanuel Stewart
      I wouldn’t say all that, you would have had to be here in Detroit to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post

I wouldn’t say all that, you would have had to be here in Detroit to understand.
        Well you know more than that since I’m not in Detroit

Comment

Josh, could you explain a bit more? I'm curious. Was always a big fan of Manny and Kronk. One of my favorite fighters of the 90s was Oba Carr and he came out of Kronk.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Josh, could you explain a bit more? I'm curious. Was always a big fan of Manny and Kronk. One of my favorite fighters of the 90s was Oba Carr and he came out of Kronk.
            Yes, Oba did come out of Kronk as many others did also but there were many trainers who spent time with these top notch fighters and didn’t get the credit! So because Kronk was established and the 1st Champion who was originally from Ohio but blossomed as a Detroit fighter was Helmer Kenty, and I no for a fact all the good fighters who either came to Kronk or grew up there wasn’t all trained by Manny so let’s just leave it there. In fact my trainer beat Emanuel’s fighters just as much if not more than he beat fighters out of our gym (fact). He worked with guys on a much higher level than my trainer and dad but, there were many good trainers behind the scenes at Kronk as well.
            PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Yes, Oba did come out of Kronk as many others did also but there were many trainers who spent time with these top notch fighters and didn’t get the credit! So because Kronk was established and the 1st Champion who was originally from Ohio but blossomed as a Detroit fighter was Helmer Kenty, and I no for a fact all the good fighters who either came to Kronk or grew up there wasn’t all trained by Manny so let’s just leave it there. In fact my trainer beat Emanuel’s fighters just as much if not more than he beat fighters out of our gym (fact). He worked with guys on a much higher level than my trainer and dad but, there were many good trainers behind the scenes at Kronk as well.
              I appreciate that insight, always good to learn something about the behind the scenes of Kronk and the trainers other than Manny. Thanks very much. I know of Kenty but his career was over a little before I remember watching and following boxing as a kid.

Comment

Working...
              X