Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney Open To Replacing Rolando Romero, Fighting Gervonta Davis, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's Gary Russell Jr? This is a good time to come out and make some noise.

Comment

Once again Devin "The I Got More Followers" Champion Clout Chasing and Cap'n. Like he did with Loma on Twitter last February but never petitioned for the fight while behind the scenes already fighting Linares. He's trying to get out of the Jo Jo fight so to chase Maxi Hughes. This kid made that YouTube scene with Teofimo only to not send in the Petition as per WBC Mauricio Suliaman stated to Fight Teofimo after both there upcoming fights. All talk no real action to make the big fights unless your a low level competitor or out of your prime the likes of Santiago, Gamboa & Linares. This is has become comical to post he's willing to fight elite fighters.

Comment

Never happen - Haney is skilled boxer and Pbc/Mayweather wont risk that 0 anytime soon. Plus Pbc need that B-level Hispanic fighter in the opposite corner to sell their Davis ppv mismatches…wont sell w/o large Hispanic fanbase! No coincidence his ppv fights have been against a b-level Hispanic and old pillow-fisted Lsc. B-level Polley would have been 3 in a row.
        Last edited by IRONCHINHAGLER; 11-01-2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Haney would school Davis... Don Magic Floyd would NEVER risk his "Bottom *****'s" Cherry.

Comment

I thought Hearn was going to make Haney-Diaz. Didn't the fighters agree already? What's the hold up? It looks like GBP doesn't wanna deal with Hearn.

Comment

Whatever they decide, just make sure it doesn't land on PPV. We've had enough already. It's two fights this month that are worth the watch...no need to make boxing fans reach in their pockets one more time. They knew the Rolly fight wasn't PPV worthy...let's see if they change their tune.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                Whatever they decide, just make sure it doesn't land on PPV. We've had enough already. It's two fights this month that are worth the watch...no need to make boxing fans reach in their pockets one more time. They knew the Rolly fight wasn't PPV worthy...let's see if they change their tune.
                I agree.

I used to be a huge Spence fan, and I still like Spence, but when they started aiming all his fights for PPV, I somehow started not supporting him as much. I don't like this greed of making every Davis fight a PPV, either. It's time he's exposed to a much larger audience, fast and consistently, and non-PPV.

Mayweather Promotions needs to stop this greed and step up their game.
                MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I agree.

I used to be a huge Spence fan, and I still like Spence, but when they started aiming all his fights for PPV, I somehow started not supporting him as much. I don't like this greed of making every Davis fight a PPV, either. It's time he's exposed to a much larger audience, fast and consistently, and non-PPV.

Mayweather Promotions needs to stop this greed and step up their game.
                  True on all fronts! I like Tank but they're overdoing it now. To be fair, they've been pushing Tank since 2016 (on the Broner/Theophane undercard) and he made his PPV debut October 2020...that's 4 years, so I get it. That's fair.

I really want them to look at the market and realize they're simply squeezing in waaaay too many PPVs for the country to be moving towards economic recovery. They know they're overselling Tank and squeezing our pockets at this point.
                  BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

You have to read the entire article as usual Haney barking because it states Hearn is leaning toward Diaz

Comment

boxers are a funny breed at times, their toughest fights dont end up being against themselves, but against their promoters and their hoes

Comment

Working...
                      X