Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Will Soon Start Preparing For Return on December 11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Will Soon Start Preparing For Return on December 11

Puerto Rican prospect Xander Zayas will take a break for a few days, before returning to the gym on the way to his sixth fight of 2021. Zayas will see action on December 11, as part of the undercard to the lightweight fight between Vasiliy Lomachenko and Richard Commey, which takes place at Madison Square Gardens in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wonder who they will get for him. Perhaps a Brad Solomon type, he can box but will ultimately get stretched when he gets touched clean. Ivan Golub may give him some rounds without being a threat of an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      Wonder who they will get for him. Perhaps a Brad Solomon type, he can box but will ultimately get stretched when he gets touched clean. Ivan Golub may give him some rounds without being a threat of an upset.
      Didn't Ivan Golub beat Eric Walker? Haven't seen him fight but I have seen Eric Walker guy can fight . Zayas being only 19 i feel like he's a year away from those fights.

If he wants to make a stamp on prospect of the year which I'm sure him and TopRank do he does have to step up a bit tho . I'd love him too fight Yuri Foreman or Devon Alexander both former champions are washed up but would probably be the hardest test for Zayas at this point in his career other then Jose luis Sanchez.

Doesn't hurt to get a name under his resume either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post

Didn't Ivan Golub beat Eric Walker? Haven't seen him fight but I have seen Eric Walker guy can fight . Zayas being only 19 i feel like he's a year away from those fights.

If he wants to make a stamp on prospect of the year which I'm sure him and TopRank do he does have to step up a bit tho . I'd love him too fight Yuri Foreman or Devon Alexander both former champions are washed up but would probably be the hardest test for Zayas at this point in his career other then Jose luis Sanchez.

Doesn't hurt to get a name under his resume either.
        I think Golub beat him on a Triller card over the summer. Maybe too steep at this stage. I didn't realize Foreman was still fighting, he's gotta be ancient by now. The Sanchez win is pretty impressive, hard to think of someone who is a step up from that level without being too much for him this early in his career.
        Ricardi Ricardi likes this.

Comment

Getting ready to fight another BUM...

Comment

They are moving this kid the right way!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crisantonio917 View Post
              Getting ready to fight another BUM...
              Exactly what canelo did his first 40 fights. The kid is 19 with less than 10 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post

Exactly what canelo did his first 40 fights. The kid is 19 with less than 10 fights.
                Exactly! They did the same with Mike Tyson too! "The Bum of the Month Club!" That's the old school way! Fight 5-6 times a year for 2 years, then step up to Top 15-25, then Top 5-10, then a title fight!
                Last edited by Bronx2245; 10-27-2021, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I think Golub beat him on a Triller card over the summer. Maybe too steep at this stage. I didn't realize Foreman was still fighting, he's gotta be ancient by now. The Sanchez win is pretty impressive, hard to think of someone who is a step up from that level without being too much for him this early in his career.
                  Yeah he's in a difficult spot cause he's so good for his age that he needs the Eric Walker's/Golub of the world etc to actually have a challenge but at 19 you just can't risk him losing . Especially when there's so much room to grow and the kid is clearly willing to put in the work to achieve his potential . Hopefully we get someone slightly above Jose Luis on December then next year after he turns 20 he can start fighting those fringe contenders like Golub , Jorge Cota , James Metcalf etc
                  PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X