Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto is already a Hall of Famer, will beating Pacquiao catapult him to ATG top 100 ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
    and how many of those losses were decisive?

here's the point.

everyone overrates cotto's resume and say he fought such great opponents.

he really didn't. he has a good resume nothing special.

some of the guys people list for cotto as good opponents are no better quality or level than the guys floyd and pac fought as tuneups.

fact.
    Cotto fought Margarito, Clottey, Mosley.

Floyd didn't.

Fact.

Comment

• "Cotto" There's more to do...

IMO i don't think that Cotto is a hall of famer yet,this fight with Manny Pac is the start on his road to being a hall of famer.If Cotto can get passed Pac then go on to fight say Mayweather if he wins his fight with Marquez and beat Floyd jr then i would say that Cotto is knocking on the Hall of Fames door.
      I personaly think Cotto needs to fight a rematch with Margo for some get back and proove that he can beat Margo with fair play.
      Even a rematch with Mosley would be good for Cotto to secure his spot in the hall.Lets face it,yes Cotto beat Mosley(by a **** hair)but Shane made Margo look like a B rated fighter and thats something that Cotto was unable to do.
      Even if Margo had loaded gloves when he fought Shane it wouldn't of made any difference.I mean lets face it people..If you don't get hit it doesn't matter what your opponent is swinging at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Em Em View Post
        Cotto fought Margarito, Clottey, Mosley.

Floyd didn't.

Fact.
        yeah but floyd only fought what 4 times at 147?

floyd beating corrales at 130 and castillo at 135 by itself is better than cotto's entire career.

Comment

yeah but floyd only fought what 4 times at 147?

floyd beating corrales at 130 and castillo at 135 by itself is better than cotto's entire career.
          People forget Floyd cemented his ATG status by being the best at 130-140 while he was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
            People forget Floyd cemented his ATG status by being the best at 130-140 while he was there.
            130-135.

it would have been nice to see kostya pass the torch to floyd and it was in discussion.

but ricky was bigger money than floyd at the time. can't blame kostya , he was at the end of his career and he had to go for the bigger money.

Comment

• mr pink dont forget ur bet with me!!

Comment

and how many of those losses were decisive?

here's the point.

everyone overrates cotto's resume and say he fought such great opponents.

he really didn't. he has a good resume nothing special.

some of the guys people list for cotto as good opponents are no better quality or level than the guys floyd and pac fought as tuneups.

fact.
                Mayweather and Cotto have some opponent in commons
                Zab Judah
                DeMarcus Corley
                Victoriano Sosa
                Plus
                Joshua Clottey> Carlos Baldomir
                Manny Pacquiao> Ricky Hatton

Comment

• Originally posted by TboneNYC09 View Post
                  IMO i don't think that Cotto is a hall of famer yet,this fight with Manny Pac is the start on his road to being a hall of famer.If Cotto can get passed Pac then go on to fight say Mayweather if he wins his fight with Marquez and beat Floyd jr then i would say that Cotto is knocking on the Hall of Fames door.
                  I personaly think Cotto needs to fight a rematch with Margo for some get back and proove that he can beat Margo with fair play.
                  Even a rematch with Mosley would be good for Cotto to secure his spot in the hall.Lets face it,yes Cotto beat Mosley(by a **** hair)but Shane made Margo look like a B rated fighter and thats something that Cotto was unable to do.
                  Even if Margo had loaded gloves when he fought Shane it wouldn't of made any difference.I mean lets face it people..If you don't get hit it doesn't matter what your opponent is swinging at you.
                  Come on!! if he beats the p4p #1, #2, and #4 and he still not in the hall of fame??

Comment

• Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                    Mayweather and Cotto have some opponent in commons
                    Zab Judah
                    DeMarcus Corley
                    Victoriano Sosa
                    Plus
                    Joshua Clottey> Carlos Baldomir
                    Manny Pacquiao> Ricky Hatton
                    You forgot to mention Cotto KO Judah, Corley and Sosa while Mayweather beat them by decision.

plus

Mosley>De La Hoya

Comment

• Originally posted by Animalistic 3.0 View Post
                      You forgot to mention Cotto KO Judah, Corley and Sosa while Mayweather beat them by decision.

plus

Mosley>De La Hoya
                      Also don't forget Cotto is MUCH BIGGER than Floyd. Floyd was outweighed by all those guys.

Floyd beat Oscar at 154. The same division where he handled 154 drugged up Mosley

154 Oscar > 154 Mosley

Comment

Working...
                      X