Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will Floyd Mayweather get the credit he deserves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what point will Floyd Mayweather get the credit he deserves?

He is the greatest fighter of this era, usually true greatness doesn’t get the respect it deserves until it’s over.

Floyd is retired now, seems happier than ever (which is great to see) yet he still gets hate from all angles. True fight fans do appreciate him but like most all time greats it can be decades before they truly get the respect they deserve.

For me, Floyd is the greatest of my era (I am early 30’s,) he is a wizard in the ring and it really annoys me when people disrespect him. He has done so much for the sport

When do you think he will get the credit he deserves?

Today is a plastic generation, it will take them reaching their 50s before they can look back a see with any clarity, right now they have no idea what they are looking at.
    Doctor Warp Doctor Warp likes this.

Comment

he gets more and more as time goes on.

do you not remember what boxing boards were like in 2005-2012 time frame? every single fight it was floyd is scare, he will get knocked out. gatti is going to knock him out. ricky hatton is going to knock him out. every time.

then when floyd put out his hitlist with mosley, cotto, pacquio ect on it everyone said it will happen when pigs fly and hes scared ect.

now most of the haters have ran off, admitted defeat or been converted over

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
        He is the greatest fighter of this era, usually true greatness doesn’t get the respect it deserves until it’s over.

Floyd is retired now, seems happier than ever (which is great to see) yet he still gets hate from all angles. True fight fans do appreciate him but like most all time greats it can be decades before they truly get the respect they deserve.

For me, Floyd is the greatest of my era (I am early 30’s,) he is a wizard in the ring and it really annoys me when people disrespect him. He has done so much for the sport

All the credit he doesn't get from individuals now he bestows upon himself, so He will be ok. In any case Sit back and enjoy all the reasons you will read why he doesn't get the respect he deserves. Rarely does a boxer have a career as long as Floyd and leave the Sport unscathed. For some people it drives them crazy they will question his opponents, question his style, question if he was doping, just about anything to rationalise his achievements in their head. He also beat some fan friendly fighters which doesn't help.

Myself personally i was a huge huge fan of Floyd in the ring but everything else stinks. He has little man syndrome, although what boxers get up to outside the ring doesn't concern me

Comment

Floyd is not part of this era. Neither is pacquiao even though he keeps fighting. Floyd and Manny were part of the era that had Hatton,Cotto,Moseley etc. All retired.

Having said that....Floyd is not a friend to the casual. Yes...he's had his legal troubles...but he's not a social media star in the sense that most boxers are these days. Boxing is now focused towards one off "events" and the people watching them aren't going home to watch archive fights from fighters from 20 years ago. Therefore Floyd may never get his due respect from anyone other than those in his camp or the peers of his generation. Noone else really cares.
          mxtali mxtali likes this.

Comment

Atg fighter.
            Idiot out of the ring.

How he makes all Tanks fights about him is soo cringe.
            Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

Floyd is not part of this era. Neither is pacquiao even though he keeps fighting. Floyd and Manny were part of the era that had Hatton,Cotto,Moseley etc. All retired.

Having said that....Floyd is not a friend to the casual. Yes...he's had his legal troubles...but he's not a social media star in the sense that most boxers are these days. Boxing is now focused towards one off "events" and the people watching them aren't going home to watch archive fights from fighters from 20 years ago. Therefore Floyd may never get his due respect from anyone other than those in his camp or the peers of his generation. Noone else really cares.
              Good points.

On top of the social media aspect and his legal issues; casuals want come forward knock out artists, they will consider Floyd boring due to his defensive style

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

You care , you are hoping that will be the case. The pain in your words is a beautiful thing. Floyd has scarred your childhood

Comment

- -Only his paid sycophants luv him. Hence why he needs a squadron of beefsters to protect his bling in public.

Comment

He's an all time great fighter. I think everyone acknowledges it. He and Pac both, regardless of their dumbazz fanbases. How much more credit does he need? If you're implying that we should recognize him as the best fighter ever, then that's just not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X