Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Savannah Marshall Won't Take Any Rubbish From Claressa Shields, Says BOXXER's Shalom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall needs a real test first I say a Hannah Gabriels

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
      I think Marshall's got a really good shot in this TBH, from what I've seen she's on a different level to everyone Shields fought to date with the possible exception of Gabriels. Definitely better than Hammer too plus she got size and reach on her side.

​​​​​​Folk gonna laugh but she got a bit of that Fury thing going on, looks kinda gangly and awkward at first sight but I think there's considerable skill and ring IQ going on there.
      Maybe you'll get the chance to drop a 5X multiplier on her.

I think she's a dangerous opponent for sure for Claressa. Although Hannah Rankin, who has fought both of them, picks Shields.

Comment

I think Marshall's got a really good shot in this TBH, from what I've seen she's on a different level to everyone Shields fought to date with the possible exception of Gabriels. Definitely better than Hammer too plus she got size and reach on her side.

​​​​​​Folk gonna laugh but she got a bit of that Fury thing going on, looks kinda gangly and awkward at first sight but I think there's considerable skill and ring IQ going on there.
        you didn't see her last fight did you? When pressed, she was breathing heavy after the first round. That wasn't a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Not sure if you remember ESPN's "boxcino" tournaments? They had a few of them (one in late 90s and again in 2014 and 2105) and I never understood the name. Sounded cool though.

Everyone trying to stand out from the crowd with a different name.

What a name. Nah, I'm too green to remember this

Comment

she wont have a choice, shields is a hell of a talker
            MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

As long as Shields's brother isn't anywhere near the festivities, all parties should be relatively safe.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
                I’ve gotta ask, what’s with all these new stupid names in boxing? ‘Boxxer?’ ‘Bridgerweight?’ Obviously, ‘DAZN’ isn’t new, but still, does no-one use real words anymore?
                The hardest are the european boxer names that no one could spell let alone pronounce. Like what the hell is a Krzysztof Wlodarczyk or a Aidos Yerbossynuly? Next thing you know, we'll see a guy with the name of Ynmekdiiwerksddk ygenodfkeerrl.
                Last edited by richardt; 10-26-2021, 11:03 AM.
                P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Yeah agreed, she's got a similar rhythm and stance to Hughie. She carries the left low and fires it out from the hip, nice to see that sort of style and skill being utilised by a female fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

What a name. Nah, I'm too green to remember this
                    Ehh, they weren't much but it was televised fights at the time (and that was good enough for me). A range of entrees comprising of club fighters, journeyman and ultra fringe contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

The hardest are the european boxer names that no one could spell let alone pronounce. Like what the hell is a Krzysztof Wlodarczyk or a Aidos Yerbossynuly? Next thing you know, we'll see a guy with the name of Ynmekdiiwerksddk ygenodfkeerrl.
                      Some of the Thai fighters have brutal names to try and pronounce, thankfully they usually go by slightly easier to pronounce aliases that include the name of their gym (or in the case of Khaosai Galaxy...named after a nightclub his friend owned).

Comment

Working...
                      X