Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is Lennox Lewis Not the greatest of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is Lennox Lewis Not the greatest of all time?

I just watched a Lennox Lewis documentary and I’m amazed nobody talks about him as the greatest heavyweight of all time, why he doesn’t get the respect of the boxing world, he should be treated like Ali, like Tyson.

He literally fought and beat everyone in his era. Look how many top ten fighters he beat. And those he didn’t beat, aka bowe, ducked him and he beat him in the Olympics anyway. Lewis never ducked anyone also, he faced anyone. Plus every loss he had he avenged. And the first loss was very suspicious. He was undisputed champion, one of only a very very few to do that.

Emmanuel Steward: ‘Lennox is the greatest of all time, I been around all those past heavyweights, Ali, joe Frazier, Liston, Larry Holmes, I seen them in camps, seen them fight, Lennox Lewis would’ve beaten all of those’
    Mike_b Mike_b eco1 eco1 like this.

He is tbh. Only guy I would have as favourite over Fury

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
      He is tbh. Only guy I would have as favourite over Fury
      Fury would get knocked out cold inside the first minute against Lewis.

Lennox would be undefeated super duper champion in today’s heavyweight division.
      eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
        I just watched a Lennox Lewis documentary and I’m amazed nobody talks about him as the greatest heavyweight of all time, why he doesn’t get the respect of the boxing world, he should be treated like Ali, like Tyson.

He literally fought and beat everyone in his era. Look how many top ten fighters he beat. And those he didn’t beat, aka bowe, ducked him and he beat him in the Olympics anyway. Lewis never ducked anyone also, he faced anyone. Plus every loss he had he avenged. And the first loss was very suspicious. He was undisputed champion, one of only a very very few to do that.

Emmanuel Steward: ‘Lennox is the greatest of all time, I been around all those past heavyweights, Ali, joe Frazier, Liston, Larry Holmes, I seen them in camps, seen them fight, Lennox Lewis would’ve beaten all of those’
        He got outboxed by Mercer ffs, definitely not goat not even close,& avenging a loss by ko doesn't equate to goat, especially without a rubbermatch
        Last edited by kushking; 10-22-2021, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post

Fury would get knocked out cold inside the first minute against Lewis.

Lennox would be undefeated super duper champion in today’s heavyweight division.
          :|

He only has R1 KOs vs bums and you think he'd kill the system king in 1 round?

Comment

His losses to bums don't help him.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
              His losses to bums don't help him.
              Hasim Rahman wasn't a bum. He beat Lewis, Corrie Sanders, Trevor Berbick, Obed Sullivan, and Monte Barrett. Got a draw with David Tua and James Toney, went 12 with Ruiz. Losses to Holyfield, Lewis, Maskaev, Klitschko.

He was far from the best heavyweight of his era but you're standing there calling a guy who won the unified and lineal title once and then won another WBC heavyweight title late in his career to back it up a bum?

And McCall had wins over Lewis, old man Larry Holmes, Bruce Seldon, Henry Akinwande, Francesco Damiani, and Oleg Maskaev. That resume matches up pretty favorably with Fury, Wilder, or Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                McCall had wins over Lewis, old man Larry Holmes, Bruce Seldon, Henry Akinwande, Francesco Damiani, and Oleg Maskaev. That resume matches up pretty favorably with Fury, Wilder, or Joshua.
                Those non-Lewis wins are nothing special, and are below even Wilder's resume.

You can't say "this guy beat Lennox Lewis," use that as justification to say that he has a decent resume, and then say it's not a bad loss for Lewis because he has a decent resume. That's ridiculous.

The same could be said for Joshua. He beat Andy Ruiz, who beat Joshua, so that must be a good win for Joshua. WTF
                Last edited by buge; 10-22-2021, 11:53 PM.
                tritium_arma tritium_arma likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Hasim Rahman wasn't a bum. He beat Lewis, Corrie Sanders, Trevor Berbick, Obed Sullivan, and Monte Barrett. Got a draw with David Tua and James Toney, went 12 with Ruiz. Losses to Holyfield, Lewis, Maskaev, Klitschko.

He was far from the best heavyweight of his era but you're standing there calling a guy who won the unified and lineal title once and then won another WBC heavyweight title late in his career to back it up a bum?

And McCall had wins over Lewis, old man Larry Holmes, Bruce Seldon, Henry Akinwande, Francesco Damiani, and Oleg Maskaev. That resume matches up pretty favorably with Fury, Wilder, or Joshua.
                  People overrate the past immensely. Both had a few wins over some decent fighters and that's it. Other than Lewis what great fighters did they beat? None. McCall never beat Holmes.
                  Kzbox Kzbox likes this.

Comment

Because he simply isn't.

He has some good wins, and moved better than a lot of heavyweights, but two of his biggest wins were over fighters in their downward turns of their careers (Holyfield, Tyson), has a couple devastating losses to contenders, and didn't look very good in his last bout against Klitchko.

He was the prototype of the big, defensive heavyweight, (like Fury & Vlad) and was one of the first to really make use (and abuse) of leaning on a fighter to tire them out. A semi-legal tactic that's effective but I despise for it making many bouts a boring, chore to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X