No announcement yet.

How badly does Calzaghe batter Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How badly does Calzaghe batter Andre Ward

Ward had major problems with the work rate of Kov in the first fight and should’ve lost but was given a 114-113 win against a guy that had no where near the stamina of Joe. I think Joe hits hard enough to get respect and the sheer volume overwhelms ward for a UD or a late tko for the dragon.

Ward possibly stops him. He certainly beats him wide at the least.
    Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 10-21-2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1lparm View Post
      Ward had major problems with the work rate of Kov in the first fight and should’ve lost but was given a 114-113 win against a guy that had no where near the stamina of Joe. I think Joe hits hard enough to get respect and the sheer volume overwhelms ward for a UD or a late tko for the dragon.
      Ah yes. The Calzaghe era. Great fighter, can't say I miss him though. These forums were a nightmare when he was active. But, I'll entertain this nonsense I guess. Ward wasn't prime nor at his best weight by the time he fought Kovalev. According to a lot of people, Calzaghe lost to Robin Reid. Based off of that, a younger, smaller, quicker Ward outboxes Calzaghe to a UD. See I can use fights as reference too.
      El_Mero El_Mero kushking kushking like this.

Comment

I wouldn't say 'batter' even if he were able to win lol.

And it was Kov's power that really gave Ward problems early in fight 1.

In any event, predicting hypothetical Ward fights always comes down to 1) how dirty would he have to get and 2) how much would he be able to get away with.

He had to get dirty vs virtually anyone C level and above. And he was more or less always able to get away with it. If the fight is in the US, Ward would win. In the UK, Joe would win. A fight like this is why I hate boxing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
          I wouldn't say 'batter' even if he were able to win lol.

And it was Kov's power that really gave Ward problems early in fight 1.

In any event, predicting hypothetical Ward fights always comes down to 1) how dirty would he have to get and 2) how much would he be able to get away with.

He had to get dirty vs virtually anyone C level and above. And he was more or less always able to get away with it. If the fight is in the US, Ward would win. In the UK, Joe would win. A fight like this is why I hate boxing lol
          Chad Dawson, Carl Froch, Arthur Abraham etc. Are those guys C level? Did he cheat to beat them? lol
          El_Mero El_Mero billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

Smoking Joe has nothing for the GOAT. Respectfully.
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Calzaghe beats Ward but doesn't batter him

Comment

Originally posted by mike ruler View Post

Chad Dawson, Carl Froch, Arthur Abraham etc. Are those guys C level? Did he cheat to beat them? lol
                Dawson was at 168 and clearly was a hypejob...Froch was a decent win for Ward but lots of clinching by Andre and Kovalev won fight #1 no question.

Comment

Originally posted by HOF Hater View Post

Dawson was at 168 and clearly was a hypejob...Froch was a decent win for Ward but lots of clinching by Andre and Kovalev won fight #1 no question.
                  The clinching complaint is interesting. I wholeheartedly disagree that Chad was a hypejob. He was the #1 ranked Light Heavyweight, and was on P4P lists. But, when people like Wlad and Fury clinch as much as they did/do, it's considered tactical and strategic. Which is a notion I agree with. However, with Ward it's dirty.
                  El_Mero El_Mero buddyr buddyr like this.

Comment

neither of them batter each other, its a dog fight with a razor close decision either way, depending on whos at home, it would be a fight argued about for years probably
                    Apollo7 Apollo7 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X