Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia On Loss To Sandor Martin: 'No Big Deal, It's Not End Of World'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

Lol what? Morales still had a decent career. He arguably beat maidana and Danny Garcia. Whereas Raheem ended up getting knocked out two fights later
    Morales was no longer in his prime after that. By the age of 29 his prime was over. No, It was actually his previous bout in which he defeated Pac in their very first meeting that ruined him. He was never the same fighter after that. His body started to age as the fluctuations in weight started to take its toll on his body.

Comment

Hopefully promotors won`t give him another big pay days. This guy doesn`t care and he doesn`t respect the sport and the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        This is why he might as well quit. he lacks the hunger...... I was crucified when i said Mickey is fundamentally sound but very basic..... I want to say he is garbage but I'm scared
        He's not garbage I don't think -but I feel where you are coming from regarding Mikey.

He's good, but the way I've been saying it over the years is "I don't trust him" as a fighter

And yes it all stems from the idea that he quit against Salido, which should now be accepted given his obvious lack of desire and love for it

Comment

Terrible comments for his PR team. It's a big deal when you are not sharp, energetic, nor effective in a fight. But he's right that it's not a big deal in that he wasn't seriously hurt, beat down, or will have any trouble getting in shape ane improving on that performance. He's also right that there is no need for a lot of depression, negactive emotions, etc coming from a loss like that one. He's kinda acknowledging he didn't properly prepare, and blew it. He can fix that ...

Beyond that some of y'all need to stop thinking yo get to decide "who gets to be a pro fighter", based on a guys last outing. People are human ... sometimes screw up. He's lucky the loss didn't cost him more. I think he'll admit that.

Comment

what I like about his comments... Mikey made no excuses

he did not even say, I thought I did enough to win... he said nothing to discredit his opponent's win at all

just... you pick up your bottom lip, and you move on

refreshing

Comment

He's right, not the end of the world, now a boxing career....

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                Hopefully promotors won`t give him another big pay days. This guy doesn`t care and he doesn`t respect the sport and the fans.
                Right. Was once a huge fan, but he’s been part time for a long time. Didn’t gain a pound muscle on the way up. We can’t care if he doesn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post

Right. Was once a huge fan, but he’s been part time for a long time. Didn’t gain a pound muscle on the way up. We can’t care if he doesn’t.
                  Exactly. If he doesn't care then why should the fans care?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                    He's right, not the end of the world, now a boxing career....
                    A snappy comeback if all he said was just the headline of the article. Unfortunately, the quote in the article is: "It's not the end of the world. It's not the end of my career."

So if he's right, then...

Comment

Working...
                    X