Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward Advises Plant that Key to Fighting Canelo, Power Punchers Is 'Rattling Their Cage'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good way to rattle someone's cage is to rattle their balls, as Ward knows very well.

Comment

Ward is correct in his assessment but I'm not certain Planet is the man to pull it off. Canelo is counting on Plant gassing and trapping him on the ropes in the late rounds and so far, I haven't seen anything from Plant that makes me believe differently.

Personally, I think Charlo has the goods to bully the bully, match fire with fire in a 50/50 fight. I also still believe Andrade's awkward style and long range would prove too difficult for Canelo to catch flush without taking serious punishment coming in, another 50/50 fight.

Comment

Ward is spot on. I have to wonder like others, if Plant is able to find the "dog" in himself (Like Ward always did) to go heads-up with "the Bully". If he does find it he can have success and may be able to pull off a surprise. But I definitely will have to see it to believe it. Plant hasn't shown that kind of toughness consistently. I think he caught Uzcategui on an off night ...

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post
          Listen guys....Canelo could still lose this fight even if he's on something...but if he comes into this fight clean then HE IS DEFINITELY LOSING....MARK MY WORDS....and this fight might be easy for Plant...im not ruling that out.

Canelo just doesn't have an unbeatable style...he's been on an incredible run beating a lot of Europeans and there's nothing wrong with that...but I just don't see Canelo being this unbeatable fighter with his slow footed plodding style....plant actually may be the PERFECT guy to pull off this so-called upset....but based on Canelo's style and recent opponents coupled with the Reynoso camp being known for peds....then take what I know about plant and his abilities.....hmmm...I don't think its an upset at all.

Plant wins

Even playing field....Plant DEFINITELY wins

Mark my words folks. Been a student of this sport for a long time.
          You've been an exceptionally poor student then. Your whole argument can be distilled down to Canelo is a slow-footed plodder who only looks good against Euro-trash level fighters, and only because he juices. Look further down Canelo's record and you will see that he has the most impressive resume in the sport (now that Pac retired). What's interesting is that you give so much credit to Plant as a sure-fire winner in this matchup but seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that Plant has NOT ONE significant victory on his record. It doesn't matter to you though because, as you've made clear, no matter what happens in the fight, you won't give Canelo credit for a win. According to you, no matter how he does it, if Canelo wins, its because he was juiced on something. You're no student of this game. You're just a dime-a-dozen, know-nothing internet troll.

Comment

Canelo is the better boxer and the better puncher.

Caleb has the aesthetic style but there's no threat of a right hand to bring it all together. Jab and left hook are good, movement pretty good, stamina is poor imo; does not have a good resume. Probably should have at least fought Dirrell or Jacobs or something about that level first; then I'd be more intrigued. Been following Plant because I like him but I think there's a fight or two missing from the resume
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 10-21-2021, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Phuck ward! Come back take two tune yos and get an ass whoopin from the king at 75 ya bishhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post

You can't compare Plant to an Olympic Gold Medalist in Ward. Apples and melons. Not only that, Ward was only tough against Kovalev once Kovalev started fading in both fights. Caleb is not close to Ward as far as anything and Canelo is a better fighter than Kovalev.
                Kovalev won the first fight wide.
                Ward had his g a y instincts come out in the second and spent the whole fight touching Kovalev's balls.
                Rec28 Rec28 Cecin Cecin like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

A lot of American fighters are starting to reject the forced political correctness of it all and coming out and bluntly saying they support their countrymen. When you have a promoter like Hearn bluntly saying he supports the Brit when he fights an American why wouldn’t Americans support their own? You have Americans actually supporting foreign fighters due to race or the national origin of their grandparents etc etc. Political correctness is good for toilet paper and wiping ones 4th point of contact. I revel in seeing all these simpleton fans get a case of the red ass over people not supporting the fighters they want everyone to support….I love laughing and pointing at circus monkeys
                  Man
                  When will you stop bro...
                  You do from time to time post interested boxing views
                  But
                  You have serious Issues with Eddie Hearn besides posting comments on every single Hearn/Matchroom Boxingscene Article
                  You always find some way to put him in the conservation

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

No, not at all like Smith and Saunders. There are levels to this sport. Canelo is elite and smokes anybody who is not. Smith and Saunders are levels below Canelo and Uzcategui is levels below them.
                    Sh.it I can’t tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post
                      Listen guys....Canelo could still lose this fight even if he's on something...but if he comes into this fight clean then HE IS DEFINITELY LOSING....MARK MY WORDS....and this fight might be easy for Plant...im not ruling that out.

Canelo just doesn't have an unbeatable style...he's been on an incredible run beating a lot of Europeans and there's nothing wrong with that...but I just don't see Canelo being this unbeatable fighter with his slow footed plodding style....plant actually may be the PERFECT guy to pull off this so-called upset....but based on Canelo's style and recent opponents coupled with the Reynoso camp being known for peds....then take what I know about plant and his abilities.....hmmm...I don't think its an upset at all.

Plant wins

Even playing field....Plant DEFINITELY wins

Mark my words folks. Been a student of this sport for a long time.
                      Canelo will beat the cr@p out of plant.

Comment

Working...
                      X