Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward Advises Plant that Key to Fighting Canelo, Power Punchers Is 'Rattling Their Cage'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward Advises Plant that Key to Fighting Canelo, Power Punchers Is 'Rattling Their Cage'

Andre Ward appears to believe that Caleb Plant will need to do more than simply try to outbox Canelo Alvarez in order to win their undisputed super middleweight title bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Andre S.O.G Ward
    “You may have your bread and butter, like, ‘hey, I’mma box,’ but I’ve never seen it work when you have a pure boxer,” Ward said. “Talking about a Pernell Whitaker or something – he’s different. He’s a rare breed. I’m talking about modern day fighters, when they don’t really have any physical strength and don’t have any power and they just think they can pick and poke for 12 rounds and not get hit. That rarely works.”

Dre, is dropping knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Dre, is dropping knowledge.
      You can't compare Plant to an Olympic Gold Medalist in Ward. Apples and melons. Not only that, Ward was only tough against Kovalev once Kovalev started fading in both fights. Caleb is not close to Ward as far as anything and Canelo is a better fighter than Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post

You can't compare Plant to an Olympic Gold Medalist in Ward. Apples and melons. Not only that, Ward was only tough against Kovalev once Kovalev started fading in both fights. Caleb is not close to Ward as far as anything and Canelo is a better fighter than Kovalev.
        But but but…… plant was an Olympic qualifier

Comment

Ah the expert has spoken

Good lord have mercy on Canelo's balls

Comment

Ward advising Plant how to hit Canelo's balls and get away with it.

Comment

Stop Dre stop now….you better not even think about supporting your own countryman over a foreign fighter….Americans arnt allowed to do that, it triggers the creampuffs

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post

I am aware that Caleb Plant's skills and Ring-IQ fails to meet Andre Ward's elite grade. Nevertheless, Dre's advise has been fruitful in his career and other boxers who have faced a similar opponent with heavy-hands ; like Oleksander Usyk, who was expected to get crushed by the much bigger and powerful-puncher, Anthony Joshua.

Saul Alvarez, has promised to end Caleb Plant in the mid-rounds, it would be wise for Plant to have a strong offense prepared to 'ward-off' the dangerous puncher. I would advise Plant to sharpen his uppercut and left hook to counter Canelo's vicious body-attack : keep his ( Plant's ) guard very tight to bock and catch Canelo's hooks to the body, and come-back with short crispy fast combos, and mix-up the shoulder like James Toney instructed Caleb, to create space and allow him to get out of range.

If Plant fails to earn Canelo's respect, and decides to focus on boxing with limited offense and surviving, his efforts may be in vain ; as history has proven that beating Saul Alvarez on the cards is very difficult -- even Floyd Mayweather had complicated scores, in spite washing Alvarez.

Comment

I believe Plant hits harder then it looks; he put Uzcategui on the mat twice when Jose was starting to make some noise in the division

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I am aware that Caleb Plant's skills and Ring-IQ fails to meet Andre Ward's elite grade. Nevertheless, Dre's advise has been fruitful in his career and other boxers who have faced a similar opponent with heavy-hands ; like Oleksander Usyk, who was expected to get crushed by the much bigger and powerful-puncher, Anthony Joshua.

Saul Alvarez, has promised to end Caleb Plant in the mid-rounds, it would be wise for Plant to have a strong offense prepared to 'ward-off' the dangerous puncher. I would advise Plant to sharpen his uppercut and left hook to counter Canelo's vicious body-attack : keep his ( Plant's ) guard very tight to bock and catch Canelo's hooks to the body, and come-back with short crispy fast combos, and mix-up the shoulder like James Toney instructed Caleb, to create space and allow him to get out of range.

If Plant fails to earn Canelo's respect, and decides to focus on boxing with limited offense and surviving, his efforts may be in vain ; as history has proven that beating Saul Alvarez on the cards is very difficult -- even Floyd Mayweather had complicated scores, in spite washing Alvarez.
                    Damn 1hourRun
                    After months of constant postings of Tyson Fury hate....
                    I must say
                    It's refreshing to read your mature Respective views on this Canelo/Plant fight
                    Lololololol

Comment

Working...
                    X