Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Pedraza Hopes To Replace Berlanga on Top Rank's December Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Pedraza Hopes To Replace Berlanga on Top Rank's December Card

The departure of Puerto Rican super middleweight Edgar Berlanga from the undercard that Top Rank will present on December 11 at Madison Square Garden in New York, may have opened a door for two-division world champion Jose "Sniper" Pedraza .
    [Click Here To Read More]

“I have been training for three or four months. There is the possibility of fighting against Arnold Barbosa Jr," said Pedraza (29-3, 14 KO) to Carlos Gonzalez.

OK, Make It Happen!
    Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      “I have been training for three or four months. There is the possibility of fighting against Arnold Barbosa Jr," said Pedraza (29-3, 14 KO) to Carlos Gonzalez.

OK, Make It Happen!
      I like this fight. I feel like 140 is in a bit of a lull at the moment as they're waiting for belts to become vacant. But if this fight happens it'll be like a throwback to the 2 belt era. Barboza taking a risky fight when he's pretty much guaranteed a shot, in order to raise his profile and prove himself, instead of playing it safe. And Pedraza, a former champion but further down the pecking order, trying to get to the front of the que. I hope this happens. It's the way it should be.
      Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

I have to say I have really grown to like Pedraza's attitude and fighting style. I always found myself pulling for his opposition to win early in his career. After the Tank fight, I grew to appreciate how game he is and how he's willing to fight his way back into contention. His shellacking of Hammer Hands really showcased his smooth boxing and punching.

Comment

Working...
        X