No announcement yet.

How long would Canelo last against wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long would Canelo last against wilder

I have a feeling his superior boxing ability let’s him slip and defend against big shots and he takes it to the last rounds before a bomb bodybags him. I see it being a 10th round KO for wilder.

Depends on how many Mexican tacos he eats before the fight, if you know what I'm saying

Comment

He would beat him. His head movement is too good

Comment

Very interesting question actually. If Canelo felt like he could beat Wilder he would have tried. And there is no way he takes Wilders best shots. But i still have a hard time imagining how Wilder would land on a guy with Canelos skills. Still logic tells me Wilder would ko him within a couple of rounds. just cant picture it tho.

Comment

3rds.

Whenever you throw a skilled small guy in with a skilled big guy, the smaller guys always does well for about 3rds, then the big guy gets his timing. I see it all the time in the gym.

In this case, Canelo might be skilled enough to make it last a couple more rds but Wilder could also make the fight end in mere seconds.

Size isnt everything in boxing usually its skill but Wilders Power succeeds Canelos skill.
          Last edited by Boxfan83; 10-20-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing>MMA View Post
            Very interesting question actually. If Canelo felt like he could beat Wilder he would have tried. And there is no way he takes Wilders best shots. But i still have a hard time imagining how Wilder would land on a guy with Canelos skills. Still logic tells me Wilder would ko him within a couple of rounds. just cant picture it tho.
            I’m with you on this one lad I think Canelo is slick enough to avoid the big shots but as soon as one lands wilder cracks canelos jaw. It would be pretty entertaining to see one of the modern greats take on a legit heavyweight. I would give Canelo far more credit than RJJ who fought a paper champ that had no business holding a belt.
            buge and Boxing>MMA like this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1lparm View Post
              I have a feeling his superior boxing ability let’s him slip and defend against big shots and he takes it to the last rounds before a bomb bodybags him. I see it being a 10th round KO for wilder.
              - -I see Deyonce bombing U candy to be DQed for picking on a grrl.

Comment

I think it has Hearns-Duran written on it. Too many powerful right Hands coming down on him. He may last longer and even win most of the rounds but eventually Canelo will take too many big right hands and be stopped. 4-8 TKO Wilder.

But the way Wilder tires and lands infrequently if Canelo is there at the end its Canelo 12 UD . . . But again, my God, IMO he will need a legendary MW chin.

Comment

Nah, it'd be a wipeout. The size difference alone is too massive for Canelo too overcome. Canelo is a short guy, he's like 5'8. He's not taking on a 6'7, 240lb HW. Canelo wouldn't even be able to get in range without eating right hands. He's flatfooted and his movement is all torso, he's just not a match for Wilder.

Comment

Alvarez is still a midget

No amount of beef is changing that.

Comment

Working...
                    X