Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Find It Strange Fury Can Continuously Climb Up P4P Rankings By Beating Same Person

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep switching alts but it won’t change facts.

Suck yer nan. And if you don’t like that - you know what to do.

Comment

Eddie has a point. But he’s the wrong messenger so his good point will get shxtted on lol. Aside from Wald & Wilder 3x Fury hasn’t fought anyone worth a damn.

I think it’s the eyeball test that has everyone convinced though. Fury looks and probably is the best HW right now. There doesn’t appear to be any real clear threat to him at the moment

Comment

So few big fights a year blame such contenders not fighting eachother nor champs vs champs or legit threats. Fury p4p interesting case p4p usyk gete the go ahead for dude won legit belts more than 1 class. #2 p4p to me now yet fury the best heavyweight yet usyk got all the other belts . ofcourse nelo #1 p4p 3 weight classes of legit threats

Comment

I mean he does have a good point.

Comment

The desperate spin of some of these Matchroom interns is something else. Joshua revealed as merely this generation’s Tim Witherspoon or Trevor Berbick. Whyte a 2x PED cheat who has been dropped by a who’s who @ HW. Yet the best HW of this era by miles is a Brit. But - unless a fighter submits to Eddie, they are the enemy

Comment

I agree.

AJ's slide down the P4P rankings by losing to many different opponents makes much more sense.

Comment

And if Hearn was Fury's promoter he would be calling Fury the best heavyweight since Ali.

Comment

"I still believe that our guy is the best heavyweight in the world. But right now, it’s difficult to convince people otherwise.” Considering that Joshua has lost his belts TWICE in two years, that's a tough sell, Eddy.

Comment

Sometimes less is more! Your guy (Joshua) has been abused by 2 different guys! That's not the same as losing to a 6'9" undefeated fighter who has the head movement of Ali! At this point, Fury is King! He's survived 4 Knockdowns in 3 fights and still produced a dominant performance! Joshua go beat up by a fat guy, and a little guy! SHAME!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Whether P4P was an 'official thing" at that time or not, is irrelevant to the fact that people would have had in their own mind who they believe the best overall boxer is. Nash out.
                      I was an avid boxing fan in the 50's and 60's, watched the fights on TV every Friday night, and saw Muhammed Ali (then Cassius Clay) fight in Chicago as an amateur when he and I both were 17 years old. There was no mention of lb for lb lists and such. The lb. for lb. lists began in earnest in the 70's. It would have been nice if there were lb for lb discussions then. The only mention of lb for lb was an occasional reference to Joe Louis' mention of Ray Robinson and the best boxer lb for lb. That was about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X