Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Explains Why Pay-Per-View Will Be Needed on DAZN For Unique Events

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're literally becoming what HBO and Showtime have done over the years. It's no strategy. For Eddie Hearn to break it down is kind of insulting. Just say you'll be another HBO and leave it at that. But hopefully they won't put garbage like Canelo/Yildirum on PPV

Comment

Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
      Does anyone actually PAY for PPV anymore? Lol must be about 20 years or more since I paid for a fight ….actually I think the last fight I actually paid for was Tyson vs Lewis, so not quite 20 years. I refuse to pay those absorbent prices when I can find a free stream…seems kinda ridiculous!
      People over 50 who have cash, like to host, and don’t really understand streaming. That, and bars/restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Haymon and Hearn literally followed the same blueprint. Overpay mediocre fighters throwing the industry into flux. Parade catchy slogans like "Free boxing" and "PPV is dead". Get exposed as frauds and charlatans. I hope they both die in a fire.
        You can't have super fights without PPV/ closed circuit revenue, so to expect Canelo vs Golovkin III or Fury vs the winner of Joshua vs Usyk II to happen you have it or the fights won't happen.

What I don't get is Joshua vs Usyk was on free tv and now it's PPV in the US? I suspect Usyk got a huge bump in pay but Joshua probably took a haircut to make it happen so why milk Americans?

Comment

Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
          Does anyone actually PAY for PPV anymore? Lol must be about 20 years or more since I paid for a fight ….actually I think the last fight I actually paid for was Tyson vs Lewis, so not quite 20 years. I refuse to pay those absorbent prices when I can find a free stream…seems kinda ridiculous!
          I do! But then again I don't want look stupid with SHT streams when I'm hosting a boxing party.

No one wants go in your mom's basement to watch a SHT stream where you don't know who is who and freezes every 2 mins...

Comment

I get it! Paying $40,000,000 in a $10-20 ap.

Ggg contract alone would kill most companies.

And Paying Canelo $20,000,000+++ to fight Yoldrim was a HUGE loss

Comment

The problem is that there is no definition for ‘unique events’

Before you know to you’ll only get matchroom Spain and Italy as part of the subscription.

I will be cancelling my subscription the second I see a crappy card going on PPV

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                This is as rétarded as rétarded gets,Dazn is going bankrupt the writing is on the wall,nobody wants to pay a subscription for shtty fights on top of ppv
                Yup. Hearn backtrackin on his BS. First it was the revolutionary subscription model, now its that PLUS PPV.

Comment

I don't know if I would pay for an AJ PPV right now. To be honest his last 2 fights were dog sht! One saw him run a round a HUGE ring from a Fat man. And Usykk he looked like he forgot hot to box and that HE was the bigger man.

Comment

Ok now let’s get all the matchroom interns and the hearniac incels to spin this in a positive manner….I love good old fashioned cheap nationalist propaganda….I find it amusing much in the same
                    manner of several monkeys screaming in a zoo exhibit…

Comment

Eddie ‘PPV is dead’ hearn.

this guy speaks so much BS it defies belief

Comment

Working...
                      X