Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Thought I Was Winning The Fight in a Close Matchup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
    Martin has just set himself up for a very nice payday in his next fight
    He deserves it. But 140 is in a lull right now with everyone waiting for vacant belts, so that means no real top match ups. Most are playing it safe right now.

Comment

Mikey checked out of boxing a long time ago. The fire in the belly for the sport is obviously gone. You can't be a part-time boxer and train part-time and expect to be world-class. That is true in any sport. Good luck with your future endeavors outside of the ring.
      Shadoww702, eco1 and 2 others like this.

Comment

20211017_145102.jpg

Comment

Its sad to me to see Mike go out this way. He’s fighting way to heavy. Busting the dad bod. He should of been DISCIPLINED and stayed at 130-135. He could of had some great fights.
          Verus likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

I think it looked like the beginning of the end for him. Losing to Errol is no disgrace, but this puts some serious doubt over his commitment to the sport. It was as though he thought, he only had to turn up, and victory was a given.
            That's what turned me off from being a Mikey fan. It's like during his second career he thought hey I'm such an elite level talent that 70% of me is good enough to beat guys 2 divisions above me. His own delusion made him think he could stop developing his craft.
            Rodtang and NachoMan like this.

Comment

What a waste of talent.
              Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
                Mikey, I respect all boxers who enter the ring, but you looked like crap last night, especially to a non-ranked hand-picked / cherry-picked opponent. And to be frank, you've lost the Eye of the Tiger since the Spence fight.
                ...He didn't have it in the Spence fight. All he did was fist pump after clearly losing rounds - celebrating not getting knocked out.

Comment

Now I hope it's clear why I said back then that Broner SHOULD NOT have lost to this man. Because he shouldn't have.

Comment

Retire Bro - Ur fights were dull as heck and u cashed out against Spence.

Comment

No desire, no fire, no discipline. Inactive for more than a year.

If Mikey's heart isn't into boxing then he should just retire and stop wasting everyone's time.

Comment

Working...
                      X