Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jonathan Gonzalez Takes Split Decision Win Over Elwin Soto, Lifts WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jonathan Gonzalez Takes Split Decision Win Over Elwin Soto, Lifts WBO Title

Jonathan 'Bomba' Gonzalez vowed to bring home a title to Puerto Rico. Mission accomplished for the diminutive two-time title challenger, who claimed the WBO junior flyweight title in a 12-round split decision over exiting champ Elwin Soto. Judge Daniel Sandoval (116-112) seemed impressed with the aggression of Soto, with his awful scorecard overruled by judges Robert Hoyle (116-112) and Zachary Young (116-112) who favored Gonzalez's effective stick and move style Saturday evening on DAZN from Chukchansi Park in Fresno, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great win for Gonzalez.

Soto should move up to 112 and try to get an eliminator.

Comment

That was stick and run, but Soto couldn't cut him off. I thought you had to beat the champion, not outrun him.

Comment

The casuals complained when Kosei Tanaka made a defense of his WBO Flyweight title vs. Jonathan Gonzalez in 2019. When Kosei knocked Gonzalez out, they said he was a bum

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          That was stick and run, but Soto couldn't cut him off. I thought you had to beat the champion, not outrun him.
          Nope, if you win the round you win the round, whether one guy is the champion or the other doesn't affect how a fight is scored.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

Nope, if you win the round you win the round, whether one guy is the champion or the other doesn't affect how a fight is scored.
            I know Puerto Rico is short on Champions, so lots of luck.

Comment

Well he also landed more leather on Soto's face. That's what ultimately got him the victory. Judges got it right on all the fights last night which was surprising. Hope that continues.

Comment

That's lame dude Soto lost clearly I'm a fan of him and was expecting him to win this one by KO but he looked lost in there and telegraphed all his punches.

Comment

LOL GTFO out of here with that. Easy fight to score, Soto clearly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

The casuals complained when Kosei Tanaka made a defense of his WBO Flyweight title vs. Jonathan Gonzalez in 2019. When Kosei knocked Gonzalez out, they said he was a bum
                    Eh he was winning that fight on the cards and that was the main reason I picked him to beat Soto.

Comment

Working...
                    X