No announcement yet.

How will Canelo beat Caleb Plant??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RENE JUNIOR View Post
    Many people think Canelo will walk down Plant. Yet, I have a different perspective, I think Canelo will do a lot of what he was doing when he fought Daniel Jacobs. His head movement and standing with Jacobs was amazing. I don't think Canelo will ONLY walk Plant down, him standing in the middle, to-to-toe to a degree will probably be key.
    How do you see Canelo winning?
    At the same time, maybe you think Plant will win. If so, How will Plant win?
    (This is obviously theoretical, maybe Plant gets the W, but I doubt it)
    Plant wins if (and it’s a huge if) he can get his jab going while moving effectively for 12 rounds. He also has to be stronger and more durable than expected.

Canelo wins if he nullifies Plant’s jab by countering it with quick combinations. If he makes Caleb gunshot then it will be a slow beating en route to a late stoppage win.
    RENE JUNIOR RENE JUNIOR likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
      plants resume is garbage

plant isnt much different than saunders, easy to look like a fake slickster when you have a garbage resume.

canelo will seek to break down his body to slow his movement. hes gotten so good at closing the distance and getting inside.
      I feel you man.
      I mean I respect Plant, but I definitely got Canelo breaking him down but more toe-to-toe type breaking down.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post

How about Benavidez? His best win is Dirrell who went life and death with Yildirim and robbed him on the cards.

Plant has a better resume than David. Benavidez next fight is against Caleb Plant’s leftovers.
        Benavidez is a warrior.
        I mean, a lot fo fighters' resumes can be picked on all day long.
        But the question of this post is how Canelo wins, what you got on that fam?

Comment

He will do what he’s done his last few fights. Use his footwork and movement to get inside, break him down to the body and have him eat counters when he thinks he can be aggressive.
          By the middle rounds you’ll see Plant hesitate to throw because he’s getting busted up with counter jabs and uppercuts. Then he’s backing up and not throwing and is falling behind on the cards. Only a matter of time before he gets dropped.
          Plants an easy style for Canelo to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
            Plant is a good boxer but he is not a huge puncher and Canelo will walk him down make him miss and hurt him to the body. Late round stoppage. The question is will the commission allow Caleb to wear that thick beard. ?
            Sounds quite probable.
            I definitely got Canelo winning, I can't wait for this fight man!
            Yeah man that beard is freaking thick tho, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
              I think Plant will actually win most of the early rounds but he only needs to slip up once for Canelo to finish him, and Canelo is excellent at making his opponent make mistakes once he's had time to figure them out
              I mean that's they key here.
              And Plant slips up many a time in his fights, according to Canelo's level, he should be able to pick Plant apart and cause considerable damage not only to Plant's body but also his face. Ouch!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                At some point in the middle rounds Canelo, after gaging Plant's power, will walk through a right to land a huge hook, effectively ending Plant's evening.

swami-om.gif

My prediction, delivered with air guitar...
                Sounds like that can happen.
                Sounds like you got Canelo KOing Plant then interesting.
                I mean Canelo sounds quite confident in doing the same thing actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                  Plant is capable of winning but it will have to be the fight of his life. His footwork is outstanding and he has quick hands when throwing pot shots. 1 slip up and Canelo breaks him down though. The odds of Plant winning are astronomical even though I'm rooting for him.
                  Very well said man.
                  I mean concerning slip ups, he has done it plenty of times in his fights, we only need to go back to Plant vs Old slow Truax, Plant was getting caught celan quite frequently about midway through the fight.
                  Canelo will definitely optimize on them weakpoints.
                  But yeah, Plant definitely has a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

Plant wins if (and it’s a huge if) he can get his jab going while moving effectively for 12 rounds. He also has to be stronger and more durable than expected.

Canelo wins if he nullifies Plant’s jab by countering it with quick combinations. If he makes Caleb gunshot then it will be a slow beating en route to a late stoppage win.
                    Wow I can definitely visualize that type of fight playing out.
                    I actually think that is what will most likely happen.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      He will do what he’s done his last few fights. Use his footwork and movement to get inside, break him down to the body and have him eat counters when he thinks he can be aggressive.
                      By the middle rounds you’ll see Plant hesitate to throw because he’s getting busted up with counter jabs and uppercuts. Then he’s backing up and not throwing and is falling behind on the cards. Only a matter of time before he gets dropped.
                      Plants an easy style for Canelo to figure out.
                      I like this assessment and it sounds quite accurate.

Comment

Working...
                      X