Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: I Wouldn't Be Surprised if Tyson Fury Retired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion, Fury just hasn't done enough as HW champ to retire. Especially when not being undisputed. Let's see how it comes out in the AJ v Usyk rematch wash

Comment

I don't see him retiring before the Whyte/Wallin winner and then the AJ/Usyk 2 winner

After that, maybe.

He could still fight the likes of Parker, Ruiz or Hunter if they pick up a decent win. Or Yoka, Hrgovic or Joyce if they make some decent career progress in the next 12-18 months. Or even a rebounding loser, say if AJ loses to Usyk again and then picks up a top 10 win while the Fury-Usyk fight happens. It would still be a big fight in the UK.

So it's not like there's nobody after if he wants to continue.
      Boxing Goat Boxing Goat likes this.

Comment

Fury will fight AJ if AJ beats Usyk. It is a huge fight and will be a fixed fight. Hard to see Fury fighting a non fixed fight and risking looking bad like the Wallin fight.
        Gamboal00 Gamboal00 likes this.

Comment

I disagree, i think he has 3-4 fights left over 2 year and then he is done .

lots of money to be made vs joshua and whyte in england .

then there is usyk and likely ruiz.

Comment

Best of the best, belts and prestige are no longer as important in the Mayweather/Canelo era. Forget mandatory challengers, it's about business and 70 to 100 million dollars is a mountain of business. If Joshua wins his rematch Fury will sign a two fight deal. If Joshua loses to Usyk again, Fury will likely fight the winner in a one and done stink fest and retire.

Time will tell if I'm right or wrong but that's my take. One, maybe two fights and done.

Comment

I thought Fury might try and retire to avoid Usyk. Given what happened with Cunnigham. I think Usyk and Fury is a 50/50 fight. Fury has only fought 2 decent guys in 6 years - Wlad and Wilder. Fury is a but of a fraud in terms of resume. This would finally be his chance to back it all that talk - let's see if he takes the hard fights or runs.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Fury ain't going nowhere. Arum has already spoken to him and he expects to see the Gypsy King back in March/April.

I just wish Joshua would step aside and let the champions fight, he can fight the winner.
                like wilder did when when he forced fury to fight....no and at least it’s only a rematch.....unlike the wilder.fury 3 fight saga.

fury has to do his mandatory like all champions.

We cannot trust the word of fury , Warren and arum ....you’ve seen exactly what happened when Eddie Hearn delivered the fight to them and they accepted then turned tail...fury also did that with klitchcko and we saw the interview with usyks promoter actually saying that....they keep there word

Comment

Why are you even talking about Josh Taylor? You never had any respect for him and regularly called him a Euro Bum. You said he would get starched by Ramirez. Even after that predicted didn't come true you still trashed him. Now you're showing him respect in comparison to Fury who beat your hero and you still can't give him props even after Wilder finally did so.
                  You are the most bias, double standard having poster on here who regularly contradicts himself. Your credibility is at an all time low. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
                    Fury will fight AJ if AJ beats Usyk. It is a huge fight and will be a fixed fight. Hard to see Fury fighting a non fixed fight and risking looking bad like the Wallin fight.
                    Why are you always balking about fixed fights? Was Fury Wilder III a fixed fight? Was Joshua Usyk a fixed fight? Was Joshua Ruiz I a fixed fight?
                    GTFOH with your unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                      I doubt he retires, in fact i suspect he will probably carry on boxing for too long.
                      I personally think he'd be happy to retire, but boxing is keeping him on an even keel from his demons. Without it he may well go back to coke binges and eating a lot and piling the weight on again. So I think for those reasons he'll stay with it for now. It gives him some focus.

Comment

Working...
                      X