No announcement yet.

Breland: Deontay Untrainable KO Streak Went to His Head

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breland: Deontay Untrainable KO Streak Went to His Head

wouldn’t prioritize running nor HITTING THE BAG [odd for a big puncher] if he was having bad day

https://theshadowleague.com/deontay-...reaks-silence/

Mr Salty giving his 2 cents.
    Was all about that streak when Wilder signed his check.
    Charlie Zelenoff and pesticid like this.

Comment

Fascinating stuff from Breland. Though I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in between his and Wilder's versions, it does point to a broken culture in Team Wilder.

I don't think it reflects well on Breland that he continued in that environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
        Fascinating stuff from Breland. Though I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in between his and Wilder's versions, it does point to a broken culture in Team Wilder.

I don't think it reflects well on Breland that he continued in that environment.
        I don't think it reflects well on Breland to be in that position for 12 years cause he was getting paid and now to complain about it. If he were a man of dignity and self-respect he would've left long time ago.

Comment

There are boxers who can take your power and then you're going to need more in your tool box
          Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Not the first time we heard that Wilder is untrainable... he thinks he knows better and does not listen to anyone. You can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.

Comment

I agree with the above poster there are 2 sides to every story and the truth is usually In the middle somewhere. I would suspect that Breland fell in love with Wilders power as much as anybody else on the team so probably didnt push as hard as he should have and Wilder probably didnt push as hard as he should have. It's easy for a fighter to fall for what is making them successful honestly and its definitely easy for the fighters team to do the same thing. Hindsight being 20-20 for all parties involved usually turns out to be a long drop from where you were.

Comment

He believed in his own hype.

I said after first Ortiz fight that Wilder would lose against a top guy but the most of casuals here told me I was wrong.

Comment

Sounds like once Wilder started getting bigger fights and winning with his power he stopped grinding and putting in the work.

He was blessed with that bomb in his right hand but that will only bail you out for so long. He was matched up with guys that he could stand in front of and wait to get his.

Not everyone is cut from that Mayweather or Canelo mold where they never stop working and getting better.

Comment

We all get comfortable with our strengths, and often overlook our weaknesses.

life, work, everything

Comment

Working...
                    X