Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Promoter: Perhaps We Should Be Thankful To Wilder For Forcing The Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury Promoter: Perhaps We Should Be Thankful To Wilder For Forcing The Trilogy

THE DATE OF October 9 2021 will be forever circled in history following the unforgettable third meeting of Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder which, we would imagine, brought the pair's fighting connection to a conclusion.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

The trilogy gave us a great fight. It also denied us a far more significant fight.

So, no. We shouldn't be thankful.

There are great fights every few weeks. The fight we didn't get was a once in 20 years type event. The fight we did get was a dead rubber.

Comment

Usyk should be thankful

Comment

Those who are angry that Joshua lost and wasn’t able to get wiped out by fury will never see it that way. There is an old saying, “monkey see monkey do.” Eddie Hearn say….sweet carolines believe….

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          The trilogy gave us a great fight. It also denied us a far more significant fight.

So, no. We shouldn't be thankful.

There are great fights every few weeks. The fight we didn't get was a once in 20 years type event. The fight we did get was a dead rubber.
          Facts. The media is trying to shove down our throats that this was one of the greatest boxing matches of all time. It wasn't. Also no one asked for this. So yea, Fury x Aj is what everyone wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Breno G View Post

Facts. The media is trying to shove down our throats that this was one of the greatest boxing matches of all time. It wasn't. Also no one asked for this. So yea, Fury x Aj is what everyone wanted.
            I don't know why you guys think AJ wouldn't sustain a beating 2x worse than Wilder did. He's way more predictable. Fury would absolutely demolish him and AJ will quit long before Wilder would've. AJ also won't be getting ANY knockdowns vs Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post

I don't know why you guys think AJ wouldn't sustain a beating 2x worse than Wilder did. He's way more predictable. Fury would absolutely demolish him and AJ will quit long before Wilder would've. AJ also won't be getting ANY knockdowns vs Fury.
              Since the Fury- AJfight didn't take place you can say whatever you like now. Apart from skills, style does make a fight. Fury was more than happy that the AJ fight fell through, he was having cold feet and was playing delay tactics.

I am happy for Fury, but you've got put things in the right perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post

Since the Fury- AJfight didn't take place you can say whatever you like now. Apart from skills, style does make a fight. Fury was more than happy that the AJ fight fell through, he was having cold feet and was playing delay tactics.

I am happy for Fury, but you've got put things in the right perspective.
                I actually think a 250lbs Joshua gives Fury a hell of a lot of problems in theory. He has a ton of attributes which, from this weekend, can totally be used to exploit Fury's weaknesses. But the problem is...mind over muscle. And Joshua's one is very questionable. Fury would suscpetible to Joshua's uppercut, his punch variety, he likely wouldn't be able to weight bully him as much and would likely not even be able to exploit the clinch as much as he was due to Joshua's better footwork.

BUT whats not to say the first punch from a near 280lbs man makes Joshua completely crumble?

There is no one on planet earth whose going to be convinced that the dude who just fought on Saturday would seriously fear the dude who performed two weeks prior.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  Those who are angry that Joshua lost and wasn’t able to get wiped out by fury will never see it that way. There is an old saying, “monkey see monkey do.” Eddie Hearn say….sweet carolines believe….
                  Lol.....I've always known Fury would annihilate Joshua but having seen their respective fights I now know it would be nothing short of a mismatch. It is nice to see idiots like young Edward talking up Joshua like his job requests him te' but for all the Sweet .C.'s the man who holds all the heavyweight cards is not at matchroom ! So he's left with 'the rematch clause twins' ...you couldn't make it up.....Long live the king.

Comment

This was a great trilogy. I a lot of drama and bag intentions. I enjoyed it, most excited I've been about a Heavyweight fight in a long time!!

Comment

Working...
                    X