No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson calls Fury and WIlder ATGs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

Mike Tyson was overrated as a boxer and insecure as an old man.
    I agree. Early on he showed a lot of promise and potential. He was both focused, dedicated and committed to the sport. However, when Cus died he became like a lost little lamb with no guidance or supervision and yet he was so young.at the tender age of 19.

When I first saw Mike Tyson fight I thought they he would go down in history as the greatest Heavyweight champion to have ever lived but he self-destructed. After the Michael Spinks fight he just started to go down hill from there.

His next fight would be against Frank Bruno in February of 1989 and he didn't look the same.There was no jabbing himself on the inside, no combination punching and no head movement. or defense as he was getting nailed even rocked by Bruno in the very first round,

By that time he had become just pure slugger

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Surprised you’re still alive after the AJ loss.

Ajagba getting schooled too.

Ouch…

Comment

Mike is a stoner that has been saying a bunch of dumb stuff this last year he got that 1000 yd stare often.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post

If Usyk fights/beats Joshua a second time, then a win over Usuk would arguably be as big or bigger than Fury’s win over Wilder.

To put Usyk in the context of Holyfield … Holyfield moved up to heavyweight in July ‘88 … was supposed to fight Tyson in June ‘90 …. and by October ‘90 had beaten Douglas.

So we’re talking like 23 months since moving up when he was supposed to fight Tyson … and 25 months from moving up to being undisputed.

In terms of months/years, that’s very similar to timeline of Usyk moving up to fight Witherspoon October ‘19, and by September ‘21 beating Joshua.

Assuming Usyk-Joshua II happens next year, Fury-Usyk could happen sometime later in ‘22 or ‘23.

That’s plenty of time between moving up and fighting Fury.
          I don't disagree at all.

You might have misread my post. I was saying up until today, it's understandable why Fury and Usyk haven't fought yet. I'd hope they fight before 2022, or early on into it. A great fight.

And I agree with the Holyfield comparisons, I've been making them since he moved up. It's the reason I find it laughable that everyone wanted to say Usyks power wouldn't move up. Been a believer since day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

Hahaha wow look at all you wrote down...I said what significant name has fury put away as in stopped

Replying to Mitchell kane because he asked what other significant heavyweights Wilson stopped after stopping briggs....

There's no need for you to join a conversation without realising what's actually going on

Anyways replying to you now...did you see wladimir against jennings? The fight wlad had just prior to fury

Wladimir looked shot to bits against a D level heavyweight..relexes were gone ,legs were slow and he struggled to let his hands go against byrant jennings ....wladimir was not the fighter he used to be

And fury hardly ripped the title from wlad it was a glorified game of tag...nothing significant,fury had an aged old man in there breathing out his ass and couldn't even hurt him

I'm a mod, there is no conversation on this forum I don't belong to.

And how Wlad looked prior to the Fury fight is irrelevant in hindsight. Go peruse any thread prior to the fight and the RBR thread, the popular opinion (which I didn't share) was that Fury was out of his depth and not on the same level as Wlad, and that he would get handled. I'd love to see even one post from before that fight that wrote Wlad off as "shot to bits".

It's clear you could learn a thing or two about boxing, considering you think a masterclass is a glorified game of tag. An utterly dominant performance.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

I'm a mod, there is no conversation on this forum I don't belong to.

And how Wlad looked prior to the Fury fight is irrelevant in hindsight. Go peruse any thread prior to the fight and the RBR thread, the popular opinion (which I didn't share) was that Fury was out of his depth and not on the same level as Wlad, and that he would get handled. I'd love to see even one post from before that fight that wrote Wlad off as "shot to bits".

It's clear you could learn a thing or two about boxing, considering you think a masterclass is a glorified game of tag. An utterly dominant performance.
              Whoopee you're a mod which must mean you opinion is educated right?? No it doesn't

I mentioned numerous times how wlad was shot to bits before the fury fight however I did still think hed beat fury on the basis fury had done nothing up until that point

What anyone thought back then is irrelevant just go and watch wladimir vs jennings ..wlad was finished its plain to see

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

Whoopee you're a mod which must mean you opinion is educated right?? No it doesn't

I mentioned numerous times how wlad was shot to bits before the fury fight however I did still think hed beat fury on the basis fury had done nothing up until that point

What anyone thought back then is irrelevant just go and watch wladimir vs jennings ..wlad was finished its plain to see
                And the fights Holyfield had before and after Lewis, were against Vaughn Bean and John Ruiz.

You gonna try to make the case either of those were great performances by Holyfield, or that he was somewhere near his prime?

Fighters can only fight guys when they fight them.

Was Wlad in his prime when Fury fought him? No.

Was Holyfield in his prime when Lewis fought him? No.

It is what it is.

It still counts as one of Lewis’s best wins because Holyfield was seen as the top heavyweight at the time.

Same with Fury and Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Surprised you’re still alive after the AJ loss.

Ajagba getting schooled too.

Ouch…
                  I’m surprised no one punches the sh.it out of you in person if you act like you do on the forum ?

Comment

How high was he

Comment

Working...
                    X