Mike Tyson calls Fury and WIlder ATGs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury yes

Deontay no

interesting opinion from Mike because Mike is one the best boxing historians around today

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Real boxers and historians like Mike don’t care if a guy loses, they respect men who leave it all in the ring and never quit or mentally check out. There’s elements of greatness in that.

That’s why nobody talks about who actually won the fights between Ali and Frazier, most couldn’t tell
      you specifics. They just know they were warriors in those fights.

Wilder showed heart and grit that AJ could never understand

Well said. Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

A lot arent sold on wilder. Id like to see wilder against others in the top 10 he may prove people wrong. Wilder gets outboxed but he finds a way to ko you. Not against Fury we know. But everyone else maybe.
        Anyone who can really set up shots and punch will defeat Wilder . He’s a retirement waiting to happen . I don’t really care either way the clown got what he deserved I wish he got his jaw broke to in his last fight . I hope someone like Joyce comes in and pulverizes him . I have no sympathy for a jerk of like that’s,I’m glad he lost .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Anyone who can really set up shots and punch will defeat Wilder . He’s a retirement waiting to happen . I don’t really care either way the clown got what he deserved I wish he got his jaw broke to in his last fight . I hope someone like Joyce comes in and pulverizes him . I have no sympathy for a jerk of like that’s,I’m glad he lost .
          Come to think of it Joyce is one of the top ten who'd I'd favour to beat wilder tough chin and jab wilder head off

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Looks like you're mad and can't cope with the fact that not just 'wraps understands Furys greatness, and history will forget AJ as nothing more than a stepping stone for Ruiz Jr and Usyk....two elite fighters in the era of Fury....in the era of kings....of gods....
            Please.....WILDER hit Fury with his right that we all knew he is capable of doing. Other than that he was a punch bag for 9 rounds with a 277lb guy that stood in his face the whole night and was there to be hit if he had the skills. Throwing arm punches and getting hit on your lip ,ears and neck then later getting knocked out due to exhaustion is not all time greatness credentials in my eyes. Having said that they are both capable of beating AJ if he continues to fight like a knob but you dont hear me calling AJ an all time great even when he was undefeated.

Fury is undefeated he has the right to be called what ever he wishes he has proved himself in the ring but don't you dare put pigeon legs with him after being bashed up twice by a fighter that is not known for bashing up anyone

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Real boxers and historians like Mike don’t care if a guy loses, they respect men who leave it all in the ring and never quit or mentally check out. There’s elements of greatness in that.

That’s why nobody talks about who actually won the fights between Ali and Frazier, most couldn’t tell
              you specifics. They just know they were warriors in those fights.

Wilder showed heart and grit that AJ could never understand
              So the OP starts a thread and states he sometimes hates this sport because a HOF fighter gives 2 other fighters due credit and rightfully so.

And I quote
              I actually hate this sport sometimes due the favouritism and nationalistic tendencies involved. And it's mostly about narrative and politics.
              This coming from a guy who is bitter not because he is a boxing fan but because is a fanboy and it bothers him AJ can be beat. You can't make this stuff up. If Iron Mike had said the very same thing about AJ and Usyk it wouldve been ok.

Comment

You assess a career after it's finished.

You certainly don't elevate someone to ATG status because they took a knockout rather than retire on their stool. That's just odd.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking an ex boxer's opinion carries great weight. Listen to boxers and ex boxers doing commentary each week and you'll realise how ludicrous some of their comments are.
                Gary Coleman Gary Coleman likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

So the OP starts a thread and states he sometimes hates this sport because a HOF fighter gives 2 other fighters due credit and rightfully so.

And I quote
                  I actually hate this sport sometimes due the favouritism and nationalistic tendencies involved. And it's mostly about narrative and politics.
                  This coming from a guy who is bitter not because he is a boxing fan but because is a fanboy and it bothers him AJ can be beat. You can't make this stuff up. If Iron Mike had said the very same thing about AJ and Usyk it wouldve been ok.
                  I like AJ but is he vulnerable of course he is. I'm not a fury fan but he embarrasses Josh. However AJ makes it a much closer fight. Deontay was pulverised twice. He gets credit for hanging in there and later getting knocked out. Klitsckho should get more credit for fighting AJ at 40 years and making a fight of it WTF did Wilder do other than get beat up? Im not even hating, yes he has more heart than AJ but he has no skills. You cant be revered for wishing to die in the ring. He was pluffing he just thought a pillow puncher wouldnt be able to carry out his 20 month wet dream Fantasy

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

I like AJ but is he vulnerable of course he is. I'm not a fury fan but he embarrasses Josh. However AJ makes it a much closer fight. Deontay was pulverised twice. He gets credit for hanging in there and later getting knocked out. Klitsckho should get more credit for fighting AJ at 40 years and making a fight of it WTF did Wilder do other than get beat up? Im not even hating, yes he has more heart than AJ but he has no skills. You cant be revered for wishing to die in the ring. He was pluffing he just thought a pillow puncher wouldnt be able to carry out his 20 month wet dream Fantasy
                    I give credit to Fury for pushing forward and doing what was expected I give credit for the determination he displayed. It isnt always about the skills but the fighting spirit. Like you said he doesnt have the skills of AJ, Fury or Usyk but he doesnt realize that and that's where his fighting spirit comes from and that's what made it a fun fight to see. I credit AJ for the Klitsko fight. He displayed something special in that fight but hasn't shown that since. At this point I would rather see AJ and Wilder fight than anybody in the division because it does have a degree of uncertainty now no matter who you root for. AJ has more boxing ability with power but no heart and Wilder has very little to no ability with power and the heart of a lion.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

I do understand where your coming from though.

Comment

Working...
                      X