Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Discharged From Hospital, Suffered Broken Hand In Second Loss To Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
    Damn & to think this all could have been avoided if he hadn’t cherry picked Fury for the 1st fight. Everyone can Monday night quarterback all they want but the old forums are still up. Very few people thought Fury had a chance.
    Keeping it real. Respect to you sir.

Comment

Wilder gained my respect in this third fight and I seriously hope to see him back on the ring soon, against aj for example, who hasn't even one half of Wilder's heart!
      Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

No one though he would beat wlad either. Fury is an overachiever if there ever was one.
        I agree with both your statements there. Interesting however that, in a different thread within the last 2 days you said, Fury is the best heavyweight since Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonduu View Post
          Wilder, biggest puncher in boxing’s history or just an overhyped American with an above average HW punching power with a novice style of punching.

Between, you fan girls commending Wilder for going out on his shield should know better, Wilder was a punch or two from becoming an invalid or worse, he has other fights and he shouldn’t be taking punishment like this, his corner has a duty to save him from himself cos becoming an invalid itself it’s a living hell, that beautiful girl of his wouldn’t stick around too long if he is confined to a bed 24/7.
          The biggest puncher thing is exaggerated. No doubt he is a big puncher, but he's fought poor opponents, Fury excepted. Joshua is a big puncher also. I'm not saying he's a bigger puncher. However he's fought guys with more proven solid chins. Parker, Ruiz, Povetkin and Takam for example. Does Wilder knock Ruiz or Parker out? Possibly but maybe not. His resume is weak, and they misjudged a cherry pick in Fury. Fury has been on the canvas more than any other heavyweight in the ring magazines top 11. Wilder has great power for sure, but there's more to this fight game than power.
          Lunchbucket Lunchbucket likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
            Wilder gained my respect in this third fight and I seriously hope to see him back on the ring soon, against aj for example, who hasn't even one half of Wilder's heart!

Comment

The twerker thought he could use the same gloves as a fightin' man LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                He should rest, take on an easy, come back fight, and proceed to KO Joshua. He should really push that fight now.

Wilder can survive hell; we saw it. But Joshua? That's a no. Despite his lack of sportsmanship, I came out impressed and a fan after these Fury fights.
                I guess the question is if Wilder is the same man as he was before the fight. That was a sustained beating and bad ending for him.

I’d like to see the Wilder that entered the fight against anyone in the division. But now? I’m sceptical how much he has left. Fighters don’t come back well from fights like that, especially at 36, approaching 37 by the time he next fights if he does.

Comment

I'm sure wilder breaking his hand was due to poor punching technique. When he fought arreola the punches were awkward AF .
                  Last edited by nino brown21; 10-12-2021, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

The biggest puncher thing is exaggerated. No doubt he is a big puncher, but he's fought poor opponents, Fury excepted. Joshua is a big puncher also. I'm not saying he's a bigger puncher. However he's fought guys with more proven solid chins. Parker, Ruiz, Povetkin and Takam for example. Does Wilder knock Ruiz or Parker out? Possibly but maybe not. His resume is weak, and they misjudged a cherry pick in Fury. Fury has been on the canvas more than any other heavyweight in the ring magazines top 11. Wilder has great power for sure, but there's more to this fight game than power.
                    When you have the biggest puncher in HW history (Foreman), dozens of former and current HOF fighters who know power when they see it, sports historians by the dozens all saying the same thing then where there’s smoke, there’s fire. He is without a doubt top 3 all time biggest punchers. His boxing? Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

When you have the biggest puncher in HW history (Foreman), dozens of former and current HOF fighters who know power when they see it, sports historians by the dozens all saying the same thing then where there’s smoke, there’s fire. He is without a doubt top 3 all time biggest punchers. His boxing? Not so much.
                      Yes he definitely is a huge puncher. No question. But I'm not a fan of trying to say someone is the best ever at something in General. It's too subjective. You mentioned Foreman, who fought at a time of much better quality than we have now. And he fought that quality. Wilder hasn't fought the best out there and has a massive ko ratio based on fighting too many average guys. But it's all subjective and that's just my thoughts on it.
                      Bonduu Bonduu likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X