Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Discharged From Hospital, Suffered Broken Hand In Second Loss To Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping to see a sharper, more well-rounded fighter in Wilder after the clips of him working on his defence and counter punching, but, for whatever reason reverted to type - a one-dimensional fighter who only has the right hand.

It was a pretty sloppy fight and Wilder was caught way too many times after trying to throw bombs with his hands down.

He does deserve kudos for heart and determination.

It's difficult to see where he can go from here. At nearly 36, can he change? George Foreman would say yes, but I doubt it.

Fury also deserves kudos for breaking down his man - he nearly lost it but proved too good.

Overall I'm glad we boxing fans have another solid trilogy to add to our archives.
    STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Shoulda learned at some point that he also has a left hand. Guess not.

Comment

A hairline fracture on your middle finger is not that severe. Calling it a broken hand is quite a stretch but I would expect nothing less from the Wilder fangirl who wrote this article.

Comment

Nothing new Wilder has broken his hand so many times he has steel rods in it, he also hit Fury forehead the hardest part of the head flush.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

No one though he would beat wlad either. Fury is an overachiever if there ever was one.
            He is not an over achiever. He was just being underestimated because of his physic. Fury took Wilder's best shots in three fights and managed to outbox, smother, and out will Wilder.
            Lunchbucket Lunchbucket likes this.

Comment

Wilder, biggest puncher in boxing’s history or just an overhyped American with an above average HW punching power with a novice style of punching.

Between, you fan girls commending Wilder for going out on his shield should know better, Wilder was a punch or two from becoming an invalid or worse, he has other fights and he shouldn’t be taking punishment like this, his corner has a duty to save him from himself cos becoming an invalid itself it’s a living hell, that beautiful girl of his wouldn’t stick around too long if he is confined to a bed 24/7.
              Last edited by Bonduu; 10-12-2021, 12:58 AM.

Comment

I should just be laughing after all the bs wilder claimed and the fans on here with their wild conspiracy theories about the 2nd fight

but wilder showed serious heart to hang in there until he couldn't take no more he was vastly out classed by Fury overall but respect to him going out on his shield like he said he would

Comment

Originally posted by Francis M. View Post

He is not an over achiever. He was just being underestimated because of his physic. Fury took Wilder's best shots in three fights and managed to outbox, smother, and out will Wilder.
                  Cool buddy!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonduu View Post
                    Wilder, biggest puncher in boxing’s history or just an overhyped American with an above average HW punching power with a novice style of punching.

Between, you fan girls commending Wilder for going out on his shield should know better, Wilder was a punch or two from becoming an invalid or worse, he has other fights and he shouldn’t be taking punishment like this, his corner has a duty to save him from himself cos becoming an invalid itself it’s a living hell, that beautiful girl of his wouldn’t stick around too long if he is confined to a bed 24/7.
                    Billy Ho Saunders doe!!!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      I don't care what anyone thinks - this man is a warrior, PERIOD! A blood and guts you have to kill me to stop me warrior!!
                      Yep no question. There's plenty of them around in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X