Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the second knockdown in the 4th should of been waved off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think the second knockdown in the 4th should of been waved off?

some Wilder fans have been pushing this that it was a slow count.....and i know I have made alot of threads on it, but lets make this the final definite one

Should the fight of been waved off after the second knockdown in the 4th when Fury went down...
    Yes
    3.23%
    No
    96.77%

Originally posted by MoneyKasha View Post
    and i know I have made alot of threads on it, but lets make this the final definite one
    I plan on making one tomorrow

Comment

Why everyone saying no?

Comment

no ...Fury simply was the better man...props
        Get em up likes this.

Comment

Why everyone saying no?
          Because the 2nd knockdown wasn't a result of a punch. Wilder actually pawed Fury behind the head (accidental, I presume) and sort of pushed Fury down. The first knockdown cannot be disputed but the second one, yes.

It reminds me of when Martinez went down for the 2nd time in round 12 against Chavez...he was merely pulled down and the excitement of the 1st knockdown just moments prior may have added to it. There was no count of course.

Comment

Why everyone saying no?
            Because there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the count. Thankfully, unlike a lot of people on these forums, the ref knows the rules and followed them to the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by snowdog View Post

Because there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the count. Thankfully, unlike a lot of people on these forums, the ref knows the rules and followed them to the letter.
              Was he hurt though?

Comment

Do you have to make a new thread whenever a banal thought pops into your head?

1) No matter how many times you whine about it the ref's ten count is the only count that matters
                2) The second knockdown looked more like a rabbit punch and push down than a proper knockdown
                3) Fury went on to dominate the rest of the fight proving that he was fine to continue

Comment

Fury got the benefit of long counts in this and the first fight but neither was outlandishly abusing the time factor, it's the heavyweight championship after all, the ref is going to give every opportunity to keep the action going as long as it's competitive.

He's proved he is a better boxer, just as fast, hit's just as hard, and now we know he has the better chin.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.... View Post
                    no ...Fury simply was the better man...props
                    I'm a true Wilder fan and wouldn't have wanted it to be stopped by anything other than a 100 percent knockout like it was in the 11th
                    DaNeutral. likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X