No announcement yet.

Did Wilder make Fury look good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Wilder make Fury look good?

Being a fellow gyp I was ecstatic that fury won but I was also not blind and Fury despite the win did not look his best. I wonder Wilder made Fury look better than he was who looked gassed and wobbly from the first bell. Will Tyson be able to withstand Usyks angles and speed who won’t just stay on the ropes for him, would he be able to handle Ruiz fast combos chin and matched weight, or even Sanchez quick movement and snappy jab?
    Last edited by Gypshot; 10-10-2021, 02:00 PM.

Wilder made Szpilka look good. He's just a terribly skilled boxer with a big punch.
    Gypshot likes this.

Comment

Thats what I wanna know too. Obviously theres the whole "he fights to the level of his opponent" thing with Fury, but regardless, you dont see him hand out Wilder 2+3 beatdowns regularly. I'm very curious to see Fury in there with other top HWs.
      Gypshot likes this.

Comment

Fury wasn't at his best for the following reasons;
        • He was out of the ring for 22 months, Fury needs activity to stay sharp
        • Unmotivated, despite him saying the right stuff, there's no way Tyson could get fully motivated for a guy that he's already beaten twice
        • Caught Covid twice
        • Circumstances outside the ring, he was sleeping on a hospital floor last month
        Fury isn't stupid, he knows Usyk is a problem and hopefully, would prepare accordingly....
        Gypshot likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
          Thats what I wanna know too. Obviously theres the whole "he fights to the level of his opponent" thing with Fury, but regardless, you dont see him hand out Wilder 2+3 beatdowns regularly. I'm very curious to see Fury in there with other top HWs.
          I would like to see him in with Usyk/Aj winner, Ruiz who’s the only guy they can match Fury’s weight and eventually Frank Sanchez who looks every bit the real deal.

But Tyson better be in better shape for those guys who all posses much more skills and tools than Wilder.

Comment

Yes, fury didnt train for this fight like he should, had some problems outside ring AND any average boxer will look like Ali vs off balance, tripping Wilder.
            Fury boxing was not great, he can do better.

Comment

Wilder makes most fighters look good boxing wise but what's impressive about Fury is he just went after him in the 2nd and 3rd fight taking a big risk doing that and he survived it over 3 fights I doubt any other current heavyweight could do the same if joshua, whyte etc fought wilder 3 times I'm certain they would have been put out cold in one of them

Comment

Working...
              X