Deontay Wilder: I can't retire without fighting Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder: I can't retire without fighting Usyk

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

A fight that's unlikely to happen UNLESS Usyk chooses not to unify first and one of the other orgs make Wilder the mandatory.

Which opens an intriguing question: what if the fight gets mandated and Wilder beats Usyk for the belts?

The world would be forced to see a fourth fight.

So I guess lots of people on here had better hope that Wilder retires and/or the orgs refuse to mandate him.

If I was picking anyone to beat Deontay

Usyk is it

the master boxer outboxes the slugger
    Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Wilder is dangerous for anyone. He can come into that fight at 220 as well
      revelated likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

A fight that's unlikely to happen UNLESS Usyk chooses not to unify first and one of the other orgs make Wilder the mandatory.

Which opens an intriguing question: what if the fight gets mandated and Wilder beats Usyk for the belts?

So I guess lots of people on here had better hope that Wilder retires and/or the orgs refuse to mandate him.
        Why on earth would any Fury fans be worried about a fourth fight, if that's what your last paragraph is implying?

With Fury having less ring rust a fourth fight would be over in half the time this fight took.

Imo Wilder is still suffering from PTSD brought about by the battering that Wilder took in the second fight.

And Wilder doesn't have much hope of beating ANYONE else, let alone a superior boxer like Usyk. His confidence is now shot to pieces. He was looking scared before the start of both the second and third fights. I think Wilder is DONE unless he gets treatment for what's looking suspiciously like PTSD.

Comment

i presume u mean wilder fans huh

Comment

Originally posted by snowdog View Post

Why on earth would any Fury fans be worried about a fourth fight, if that's what your last paragraph is implying?

With Fury having less ring rust a fourth fight would be over in half the time this fight took.

Imo Wilder is still suffering from PTSD brought about by the battering that Wilder took in the second fight.

And Wilder doesn't have much hope of beating ANYONE else, let alone a superior boxer like Usyk. His confidence is now shot to pieces. He was looking scared before the start of both the second and third fights. I think Wilder is DONE unless he gets treatment for what's looking suspiciously like PTSD.
            I dont think it was worry, its a settled matter, nobody needs to see Fury beat the life out of Wilder for a 4th time.

Comment

No way a fourth fight. There's no contractual stuff and I think all involved consider this was the finale

Comment

I'd honestly be more intrigued to see Usyk vs Wilder than Usyk vs Joshua II. I got zero interest in a forth Fury vs Wilder fight but obviously right now the big one should be Fury vs Usyk.

Comment

So for now thsi can’t happen for next year or two

usyk will need to fight joshua
                  Fury needs to fight White.

im sure after usyk vs joshua one of these will need to defend.

i just dont know how wilder can be made mandatory after losing 2 times in row

Comment

Usyk has the lucrative AJ rematch on his plate and then a potential unification fight with Fury.

He won't be checking for Wilder any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X