Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Overcomes Two Knockdowns, Drops Wilder Three Times For Knockout in Eleven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mgrove77 View Post

Wilder had ten title defenses- the WBC is the most competitive of the belts so he fought who he had to. I’m saying that wilder and Fury are elite heavyweights - the others lag far behind . I mean Ruiz ranked top 5? That is comical. As for AJ- you say he beat top fighters (Parker and Whyte). Would you rather right those two ‘top ten’ or Fury and Ortiz like wilder did. Don’t underestimate Ortiz, he hits very hard and has a very unique style . Also, AJ quit in one fight and literally got his ass beat against Usyk. I mean it wasn’t even close
    Yeah you are saying they are elite heayweights but then they never fight anyone in the top-10... so please explain how they are elite heavyweights.

Comment

• They’ve fought everyone they have had to in order to retain their belts- that’s the way it works. And fighting each other is obviously 1 vs 2 .

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        First, of all, i would like to congratulate all of the British and Tyson Fury fans on his victory tonight. I'm the first to admit that I was wrong. You guys all got it right his time.

Fury was definitely the better man tonight and therefore, I am wishing him nothing but the best as he moves forward in the Heavyweight division in the hopes of representing it well.

As far as Deontay Wilder is concerned; He has more than exceeded my expectations as a fighter. He's a Hell of father, a Hell of a fighter and a Hell of a man and i couldn't be more proud of what he has achieved in this sport.

He never got in to boxing to become a Hall of Famer or an all-time great but just to earn enough money for his ailing daughter as a young teenage dad. It's my one only regret that his detractors, critics and haters never took the time or effort to even really get to know him.

Unfortunately; Race hatred, envy and jealousy over his success as a Black American heavyweight.champion is what prevented that from happening.
        I really hope this was a quote from someone actually within the Wilder camp, and not just a post from some nerd on here larping.

Comment

• Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post

Jack, You don't know Jack Sh.t about boxing! Bench pressing heavy weights has no place in a boxer's training regimen. That's last thing a boxer wants is to bulk up and tighten up the chest area and the muscles around the shoulders. That will kill that snap in ur punch and create slow twitch power while interferring with fast twitch muscles. If ur slow and tire fast from too much heavy lifting and bulk and can't hit the target quickly, what does it matter how much power u generate in a single punch? Speed kills. Wilder should have trained for speed and endurance, not power. He's already a great puncher without weights. He needs speed and endurance to deliver that power at any moment from rounds 1 thru 12, not to be gassed out and fighting on just heart after only a couple rounds of wild swings and misses. Imagine a Larry Holmes gassing out after round 2. He would beat ur ass in rd 12 the exact same way as if it was rd 1, and he wasn't bulked up on no damned weights. He had real 12 and even 15 rd endurance, with speed and snap on his punches. That's completely missing in today's heavyweights for the most part. So is defensive skills
          There's a long list of world champions over the years that were bulky and full of muscle.

There's no set formula to success, different things suit different fighters.

Comment

Working...
          X