Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price Retires From Boxing, Says The Hunger is No Longer There

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

As honest as always.
    When he touched his chin, it looked like he was a lil dazed

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

winning the British, Commonwealth, WBA Continental and English heavyweight titles
      What have you won ****head?
      Inter Beer Inter Beer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post

What have you won ****head?
        Stop getting emotional.
        Davy Chinstrap could care less about you

Comment

Audley Harrison, David price, Anthony Joshua... 3 generations of over hyped uk heavy weights that were massively over hype at beginning of there career....

Comment

David is another cautionary tale about the perils of being highly hyped up. Gotta remember that he was considered the A-side over Fury until that fateful night against Tony Thompson.

That being said I wish him all the best in retirement. He seems like a genuinely nice human being.

My favourite memory of him is the press conference against Kash Ali. Watching him play the tough guy and swearing like a true Scouser was delightfully entertaining

Comment

Price provided a lot of entertaining nights and as a fan you can't ask for more.

I think he started boxing late and it showed, he didn't have those natural instincts in the ring that you develop by fighting and training pre-puberty.

I always admired his power though, I actually think he's a bigger puncher than Wilder, he got similar results with short right hands as Wilder does by loading up and swinging from the floor.

Also admired his mental strength to keep going, and keep trying, it takes strength to do that when everyone is laughing at you, he deserves credit for that.

Happy retirement Mr Price, you are well spoken and could have a good career in broadcasting.
              rubbish_calzaghe rubbish_calzaghe likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                Audley Harrison, David price, Anthony Joshua... 3 generations of over hyped uk heavy weights that were massively over hype at beginning of there career....
                Is there a point to these type of posts other than sheer negativity?

There are 3 Olympic medallists and a unified world champion listed there, what would be your credentials?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie Coffeecake View Post

Is there a point to these type of posts other than sheer negativity?

There are 3 Olympic medallists and a unified world champion listed there, what would be your credentials?
                  AJ cheated his way to gold medal. And Eddie bought his world titles for him. If he was a true world champ, he wouldn't of lost his world titles to a cruiser weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie Coffeecake View Post
                    I always admired his power though, I actually think he's a bigger puncher than Wilder, he got similar results with short right hands as Wilder does by loading up and swinging from the floor.
                    My thoughts exactly. He was a huge puncher.

With his chin though, he should have used a Wlad-like style. Seems like he never had the right trainer.

Comment

The last man to beat Tyson Fury. He should have made a bigger deal of that

Comment

Working...
                      X